check this out

znperformance

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

graemlins/gives.gif Now lets all break out our sewing machine sounding imports and claim were fast.

When I see an EVO, or any import for that matter, running in Kings of the street, I will be impressed. It's the simple law of money.

$25000 against $250000, you put a quarter mill in am import, I will go buy a $5000 roller and a $20000 540 CI crate motor and well take em down the track. And I will WIN EVERY time. It perplexes the shit out of me that people throw money hand over fist at 4 banger imports expecting then to go fast, and they still aren't as fast or as quick as a stack of tubing, a crate motor and half the time invested will run. But to each his own.

Originally posted by Desperado:

graemlins/gives.gif Now lets all break out our sewing machine sounding imports and claim were fast.

When I see an EVO, or any import for that matter, running in Kings of the street, I will be impressed. It's the simple law of money.

$25000 against $250000, you put a quarter mill in am import, I will go buy a $5000 roller and a $20000 540 CI crate motor and well take em down the track. And I will WIN EVERY time. It perplexes the shit out of me that people throw money hand over fist at 4 banger imports expecting then to go fast, and they still aren't as fast or as quick as a stack of tubing, a crate motor and half the time invested will run. But to each his own.

You honestly think if someone had a quarter million dollars to spend on an import drag car you could beat them with a 25 grand domestic dragster? im sorry but your wrong.

Your only as fast as your wallets are deep, and 250,000$ is a helluva lot of money to drop on a car.

It ain't about looks, and it ain't about chicks. It's about fast. So while you all sit around polishing your car, or taking you girl out to eat that's fuckin three other guys that all have better looking cars than you do. I will still be going faster, with less money. And do you really want to be banging a chick that you got becasue of what you drive???? That will be a short relationship filled with STD's of all sorts.

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

You honestly think if someone had a quarter million dollars to spend on an import drag car you could beat them with a 25 grand domestic dragster? im sorry but your wrong.

Your only as fast as your wallets are deep, and 250,000$ is a helluva lot of money to drop on a car.

Hate to break it to ya, but that crate motor is 1300 horse. And is gonna propell my erector set into the 6's and with spray WAY into the 6's. The QUICKEST import right now ran a 6.94.

http://www.draglist.com/Movies/MOW-May-2002/MOW-052002.htm

http://www.importdrag.com/FAQ.shtml

The record is 7.04 at 196

and it's an erector set too. So try again. And there are quarter million dollar door slammers out there. I know of two right now, a RX-7 and a Focus that are both erector sets and neither are in the 6's, not even close. And with the 225000 I save with my faster crate motor and pile of tubing I am driving a Diablo that's modded and faster in the top end than your quarter mill rice mobile too.

I have two things to say about this thread.

First regarding the tube frame race car, vs a street car.

Desperado is correct in what he is saying. Howevver, you must relize that we are talking about cars that have daily driven potential, and are not purpose built.

Second regarding that link, and it's threads comments. I am personally getting sick of all this bullshit, and that is what it is. Bullshit. Getting about waste deep now.

Well, the EVO and the TSI were the only 4 bangers mentioned. Both of which are FAST i'm sure. The skyline is a 6, and the RX7 has no pistons. So technically, only a few mentioned were 4-bangers. :D

BTW, I wouldn't mix an EVO and a modded TSI in with the rest of the typical "tuner" 4-banger crowd.

Yeah, they are being WAY too fake nice to each other. And come on, the guy with a turbocharged honda challenges an AWD rally car to a roll race on the highway? Pussy. Thats like me challenging a stock five-oh to a race starting at 90mph. graemlins/gay.gifgraemlins/gay.gifgraemlins/gay.gif

Certian people like certian cars. Some people have favorite cars that guess what, arn't made in v8 and can't do 12 seconds stock. But they still love the car and mod it, you can't just diss every import. Wich yes that is what your doing because you used to word "Import." you are even ragging on the well built ones. Guess what, I'm sure we are all sorry were not the smart guy you are, so we can't make 6 second domestic drag cars. But still if you wanna go in depth, I don't see very many 6 second daily driven cars that can turn, let alone get you down the street on one tank of gas. Most imports would stomp a domestic drag cars ass on a road course.

And alot of people can't afford one pimped out drag muscle car and one decent looking beater. If you really dont like imports keep that to yourself, Its pretty stupid to just come on here and hate an entire set of cars just because there not made in america. Personally I like both, I love the old nova's and alot of other new and old muscle/domestic cars, and respect them for what they are. On the other hand there are alot of imports that I am into and know can be made quick. This is like racism to cars, do you only like certian color cars? Certian style? >=/ c'mon man be serious.

OH SNAPS. Here we go again. Reality check time. smile.gif

BEFORE HAND LET ME SAY THIS: This has nothing to do with my shop, I am just personally annoyed with at a lot of the BS being thrown around.

Ok. So half a dozen Quantum Racing err Technologies cars go down to Cincinatti, yet the only car that races is Andrew's EVO while the other cars were probably doing what they do best and that is sitting in a parking lot. graemlins/wtf.gif

Andrew's EVO that Quantum Rac oops Technologies (Why did you guys drop the racing anyway?) is pimping is not "their" car. "Their" meaning a car that they can point to and say "hey look what we can do". They keep saying it is, but it isn't. The owner of that car bought almost all, if not all of the parts from Bushur. The owner of that car is a BMW mechanic and did all the work on it himself. Quantum MIGHT have assisted with the application of a couple stickers. The owner of this Evo is a great guy, I mean no disrepect to him. He has a fast car. But Quantum pimping this car like it's one they had anything to do with is pathetic. I guess if you can't build a car that wins races and runs times, put stickers on one that will! graemlins/gay.gif

The DSM is Jimmy's car, and when I saw it a few weeks ago it wasnt anywhere near anything resembling a car. Yet some squirel is offering it up for races? WTF?

I do believe that Quantum had their name plastered all over his WRX too, and it didn't run nearly what it should have run for the $$$ and time invested. I remember thinking it didn't trap that well either, but I could be wrong. Jimmy is a great guy as well and I'm not trying to drag his car or name through the mud (I really liked that car) but he would probably be best served if you guys didnt talk his car up until it at least did something remarkable.

Mark's black WRX burnt to the ground, and as far as I know it never raced anyone of note or anywhere of note. Not at a drag strip, not on the freeway, not on the street or at the autocross. A soot covered collection of parts. graemlins/nonono.gif

Marks 97ish GSX never made it down any track either, and the only street race I heard of it being involved in was it LOSING to Jeff's FWD Laser from a dig. It had an 18G on it and a 2 step, but yet never made a pass down a track. Odd turbo choice. It sure was impressive in the parking lot though (where 2 steps are the most useful!). :confused:

Talking trash with the Skyline that I'm sure Kyle and Tony put all the research into, and that isn't even done yet = gay.

I'm sure Marks Evo is up to about 900hp and 8 second ET's by now, well theoretically anyway. OH THATS RIGHT, they put a GT35R on an autocross car! My bad! I guess they didn't think we could call BS if they say they were going to a track that has turns. :giggle:

I'm sure you guys will take this personal, can't say I blame you, but I personally find whoring cars that have done nothing lame at best. Mark seems like a good guy, and I can't BELIEVE he is letting someone run around posting on boards like that. And don't reply saying that I think we at IPS are the greatest thing since sliced bread because I'm not trying to get at that at all. I'm just saying talk about how sweet your cars are (not someone elses cars that you claim is yours!) when they do something other than sit in a parking lot or car show. You may call it advertising, but it looks like Bazz - a shop that has built a LOT of fast cars - is calling you guys out.

That is all. For now.

And there still isn't an import in town that has run 10's yet. tongue.gif Cold Air

Originally posted by luong88888:

Everyone run for shelter, the benches are on fire now....

Devil's advocate: Has IPS taken any of their marquee shop cars to the track this year and put up empirical numbers??

Howard's Supra has the time listed on the web page. 11.966 @119 best mph of 121.xx

Ricky's 240 has run 13.2 @? on the stock turbo, and on crappy general all season radials.

If you notice, both of us are once again signed up for the Norwalk day.

Sunday the 25th is the Import day at trails. To my knowledge 3 of the 4 running shop cars will be attending. Every one at the shop will be at my wedding on Saturday, hopefully drinking and having a good time... so I won't say all three will make it. I rather hope they are to sick to. Let's me know that had a really good time at my event smile.gif .

Either way. I'm sure everyone knows who is out on weekends racing, and who is out on weekends sitting in parking lots, and who stays home.

I'd like to think that we are active in our local racing communitee. I personally hope to become more active once this whole wedding business is out of the way and I once again have my weekends free.

Oh and someone correct me if I am wrong..but 11.966 is the quickest Columbus based import at the moment (street driven not a race car), and 121 is the MPH to beat as well smile.gif .

Not that I expect those #s to stand. Once Scott's car is up and running it is my hope he is the first guy in the 10s. Unless Jeff let's me drive the VR4 :D

Not to mention the numerous fast DSMs that have been built/are being built. I sincerelly hope that this year is the year the Imports make a mark on the scene around here. 10s does seem to be that magic # smile.gif

Damn weddinng taking all my money... LOL

Howard

Hate to break it to ya, but that crate motor is 1300 horse. And is gonna propell my erector set into the 6's and with spray WAY into the 6's. The QUICKEST import right now ran a 6.94.

http://www.draglist.com/Movies/MOW-May-2002/MOW-052002.htm

http://www.importdrag.com/FAQ.shtml

The record is 7.04 at 196

and it's an erector set too. So try again. And there are quarter million dollar door slammers out there. I know of two right now, a RX-7 and a Focus that are both erector sets and neither are in the 6's, not even close. And with the 225000 I save with my faster crate motor and pile of tubing I am driving a Diablo that's modded and faster in the top end than your quarter mill rice mobile too.

I dont know of any 1300 HP crate motor. Our 632 makes 1300 HP and it has custom shit dripping off of it. Normally when someone says crate motor they are referring to a 502 or 350 or what have you that is usually stock. I have been involved with 6 and 7 sec drag cars for a while and fast 7 and 8 sec street cars since before NMCA and NSCA. And they have all been domestic muscle car types or flat out chassis car that race Top Sportsman and Pro Stock and Pro Mod. I have just recently entered the world of imports and I have to say that I am impressed. We always had to trailer our cars around to the track and street racing and stuff. Now when a bunch of cars drive down to Cincy or hell even the other side of Columbus and spend all night racing it and then drive it to work in the morning is pretty damn impressive. I must say that racing in the big show so to speak and having fast ass door slammers and hearing the crowd after you car just stunned everyone is an awsome feeling but the imports have turned out to be fun also. I am not trying to knock anyone here but both types of cars are both fun and racing is racing no matter what it is.

Yeah, there are 540 crates making 1300, no they ain't a factory crate motor. Drag Racing Action is full of ads for em. Sure they are custom, no they are not street motors and no I ain't got one.

Imports are fine, and can be fast, but the idea of pimping a car around, saying its fast and picking up women with it (and the STD's that go with those women) is silly. If you want to be fast, be fast, if you want to be a poser, be a poser, but don't think they are the same thing.

As far as the import racing scene, yeah, running 11's with a 4 banger is impressive. But it's replacing cubic inches with technology, and stacks of cash. Consider this, take the technology of a 7 second import, and apply it to a 540 CI N/A drag motor that has carbs, and a standard MSD 7AL3 ignition. The twin turbos, the EFI system and the fully variable cylinder timing of a digital ignition system. And spray the hell out of it to boot. It's still faster.

Now I realize that this Quantum place, went pimping a car around, claiming it to be fast and not even building it. Which is bullshit. ANd these guys in Cinci are all most likely laughing their asses off about that. But fact remains that while both shops are building 11 second imports, that cost 40000, or more including the car to own. I am, and alot of guys are, building 9 second cars on a shoestring, and will whip the shit out of the imports by several car lengths.

So I guess in a round about way, these two shops are saying my shit is faster that your shit, and they are going back and farth, I am saying my shit is faster than either side of the table has put out of their shops, so shut the fuck up.

You are into drag racing, so you know that the import guys want into ProStock, to run against the V-8 cars but they want to keep their technology and leave all the technology the same on the V-8 cars. This is the crying bullshit that I see. Motor science is not difficult. So many cubic feet of air and so many pounds of fuel equal X amount of horse power. If you crap enough air and fuel in a 4 banger it will produce the same power as a prostock 600 CI motor. But it's sissy bullshit to take technology, and say my shits faster as long as you can't use the same technology as I am.

And BTW, just what defines a street car anyway? Lights, exhaust, windows and a horn. Oh and DOT tires. Ohio doesn't have much of a requirement, so my erector set, with the sheet metal around it, is getting lights and a horn.