• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much funny stuff in that thread.

Hoop-D:

------------------------------------------

NOCAB72 ... his R33 in at Quantum right now. However....he has a certain other little rocket. cHances are if you have seen vids on the net of a silver RX7 whipping others...it is him.

-------------------------------------------

Hoop-D:

--------------------------------------------

Did we boast Kyle's car as our's or the fastest Quantum produced? NO! That is ludacris!!!

---------------------------------------------

For not wanting to boast about Kyle’s car, you certainly have a funny way of not talking about it.

I also thought this one was pretty humorous:

Advanced Imports:

--------------------------------------------

We also have a 800HP Supra and two 500HP RX-7's that would love to run.

500HP RX7:

The only other one is Scotts and we refuse to work on that POS

Edit: The no-multiple-quotes hack is ghey. :mad:

that 11 sec civic, if you would have read, is stock appearing. full exhaust, full interior, looks stock other than exhaust,wheels, lowered. this is the biggest sleeper i've seen. the fmic is even hard to see. we're talkin a full Dart block running a full T4. most likely 600+hp all boost. and yes, it is purpose built for drag racing/street racing. i would not fuck with this car. oh and the guy is Cort Gentry, he's from Utica. smart guy, very cool and a great guy to get along with.

Originally posted by Clint Eastwood:

I'm sure you guys will take this personal, can't say I blame you, but I personally find whoring cars that have done nothing lame at best.

Yes, I believe this constitutes some major ownage...reminder to all players: only run what YOU brung. Nice and to the point, Clint, I like it. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by PEEDJOO:

that 11 sec civic, if you would have read, is stock appearing. full exhaust, full interior, looks stock other than exhaust,wheels, lowered. this is the biggest sleeper i've seen. the fmic is even hard to see. we're talkin a full Dart block running a full T4. most likely 600+hp all boost. and yes, it is purpose built for drag racing/street racing. i would not fuck with this car. oh and the guy is Cort Gentry, he's from Utica. smart guy, very cool and a great guy to get along with.

The black car that traps 120ish?

no, it's silver hatch, last i saw it had the duck bill on the back with a smiley face sticker on the window that says "I'm Blown"

he was trappin 120ish last year with his t04e on 14 psi spinning hardcore. this year = what i stated at 30psi or more on slicks

Basz builds some fast cars. One of the fastest cars I've ever been in was that of a former Co-Worker whom had a 94 Civic hatch that was built by Basz. I believe it was one of the first cars that they built. Fully built turbo GSR, it dyno'd over 400whp and that was about 2.5 years ago. He has since gotten married, had to sell the car and then divorced. Never sell your cars for a woman!

no, it's silver hatch, last i saw it had the duck bill on the back with a smiley face sticker on the window that says "I'm Blown"

he was trappin 120ish last year with his t04e on 14 psi spinning hardcore. this year = what i stated at 30psi or more on slicks

Sounds like a beast, I have not seen it. :cool:

Guest infamous me 235

So since my engine is being built by IPS along with some other stuff, can I "sport" a sticker of their shop, and not get flamed? Or will it just be like putting a "so-and-so-company" sticker on it even if "so-and-so-company" did nothing?

I'm hoping for some pretty decent numbers, from an automatic.

Originally posted by Clint Eastwood:

Ok. How in the world can you say it's not fair that the imports want to run turbos but the V8's have to run NA, and then go on to say that it's no fair that the imports are (supposedly) spending more money? Is it run what you brung or isn't it? Can't have it both ways!

Also, how do you figure you're going to run 6's for $25,000? You better run over to Lee Howie's shop, shoot you should write a book because I'm sure there are a LOT of shops and race teams that have been running 6's for years that would LOVE to do it for $25,000! Give me a freaking break! I stop reading when I read that BS!

You are missing the point. The import scene wants to enter *** Prostock catagory, bring in the high tech, turbos motors, but they want the rules to say they can run what ever, but *** big motor cars have to remain N/A and no computers. ANd I don't see that as being fair. Back to the statement, some much air and so much fuel equals so much horsepower. Now a turbo will drastically increase the amount of air in, and EFI is completely tunable. SO if the rules say one can have it and not the other, then it's one sided. Because, the N/A motor will NEVER make the horsepower per CI that the turbo motor will. Now I realize that we are not going to be seeing 500 CI four bangers. But increaseing *** displacement, tip the field rather quickly, and distroy ProStock as we know it. All I am saying is this. Imports have a place in racing, and I am not saying that they don't, hell I am impresses that they do what they do with what they have. But it's like saying I will race you, but you have to take out your Blue bottles and flaten your tire so that I have an advantage. That is how I feel about the prostock thing. We went through this once before in ProStock. Buddy Ingrasaw (I think) brought a 231 turbo car to the Prostock circuit and cleaned house. Beating guys by a half second margin in a class that see's races decided by the thousandth and some times the ten thousandth of a second. And he got his own class. that no one else wanted in and he got out of racing a turbo buick. Imports can race, and I will show the fast ones respect, but don't try to take over a class that is well established by getting the rules set in your favor.

So you specifically said it's run what you brung, and that's true, but tilting the field, by having the rules in your favor, either way is wrong.

Ramble much?

Buddy Ingersoll's car was a 262" twin turbo V6, this was in 86 when there was no size restriction.

He didn't dominate, he trailed most of the season, but the car finally came around and was running solid 7.20's in a 7.60 class.

He lost the final round of the final race of the season, and then his car was banned from the class.

Now, nothing has changed and Pro Stock is just as lame as every other drag racing class with massive limitations.

I don't know what that has to do with ANYTHING in this thread, just thought I would clear some of your rambled bullshit up.

yeah dude, wtf does this have to do with anyone on CR.

We are talking about a test and tune day at a local track. Maybe your rant would be better served in a thread called:

"Hi, im going to run my 4cyl import proclass against a bunch of slow ass domestics!"

When I line up against you at the track on a sunny sunday, I should hope that you wont call my turbo and spray cheating just as I wont call your 3+ more L of displacement cheating. ;)

Originally posted by Hwilli:

I have two things to say about this thread.

Second regarding that link, and it's threads comments. I am personally getting sick of all this bullshit, and that is what it is. Bullshit. Getting about waste deep now.

+1 BRO! BTW...the other thread on CSR has been addressed and it will all be settled I guess. smile.gif

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

When I line up against you at the track on a sunny sunday, I should hope that you wont call my turbo and spray cheating just as I wont call your 3+ more L of displacement cheating. ;)

Now you've done it, there will be a three page reply to this post, which will make zero sense, even if you're high on crack.

But I bet his car runs solid 9's, since it's so cheap to build a fast car.

Originally posted by Desperado:

Now I realize that this Quantum place, went pimping a car around, claiming it to be fast and not even building it. Which is bullshit. ANd these guys in Cinci are all most likely laughing their asses off about that.

Not even close and not exactly...

:confused:

haha, we paid 16grand for my "erector set" dragster with a 514 big block. then another 5 grand to fix the left head that was destroyed when a valve dropped. car runs 8.14 @ 165mph without using the 100shot+ we have. and that is not able to drive anywhere but staging lanes and track, not the most fun car. that's why i have a talon that i "build" if you will.

Originally posted by turbotrio:

Or since i just talked to andrew yesterday and know hes planning on going we'll slap some stickers on his car and watch one of "our" cars actually race instead graemlins/gay.gif And if that isnt bad enough then we'll post about it all day monday as if we had something to do with it graemlins/jerkit.gif

Jeff...why? I'm sure Andrew appreciates being in the middle of this...and no ANDY...I DID NOT DO THAT TO YOU. You know how WE do ! smile.gif

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

yeah dude, wtf does this have to do with anyone on CR.

We are talking about a test and tune day at a local track. Maybe your rant would be better served in a thread called:

"Hi, im going to run my 4cyl import proclass against a bunch of slow ass domestics!"

Gee I don't know, I guess that the first two pages of this thread I hijacked were about this very topic. SO I figured I would add more fuel to the fire.

And Kenny, kiss my ass. This is only a two and a half page reply. :D

And the truth is that it's doesn't matter in here. But its better to talk about than most of the other bullshit that is in here.

Originally posted by Hwilli:

Corporate Auditor for a Fortune 500 company huh? Worldcom? Enron? I ask because your numbers don't seem to be adding up.

"Sales and Marketing" I would say more like PR, and from what I know of PR all they spin is bullshit. Doing a great job!

PR...nah. I know this is generating plenty of publicity though. Spinning bullshit, eh? Not my intention.

FYI...Competitor of Enron, but we didn't go belly up. I just left because of the back-stabbing corporate ivory tower culture that was going on. Gets old....

Howard...I realize people say what they say and do what they do. I don't make false claims about myself or my car. I am not going to round up character witnesses either.

I don't make premature judgements on people....so why me? It's all good though.

If you want my job description from Mark...by all means...ask him. Mark is a good friend and asked me to help him. I just post on these boards when I have free time.

Judge not...

Look forward to meeting you.

Peace,

Jason

[ 23. April 2004, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Hoop-D ]