BMW Question???

Originally posted by Jelloman457:

Just tell me guys are some of the newer 2003-2006 M3s supercharged. I have seen badges on two red ones before. i have a bet with a guy at work just wondering if you guys know. i used the search button but came up with nothing. thanks in advance.

No modern day BMW will ever use any FI. They just beef up the cubes and the technology.

They ditched FI back in the Formula One days. 1.5 production blocks, wet deck, making 1500hp for qualifying.

Originally posted by Joey Tribbiani:

what about Daina, or whatever it is called. I remember seeing them have supercharger

packages for bmw's.

Theres aftermarket, Dinan Engineering. If you want to pay for not much of a performance gain, thats cool. They do however have a deal with BMW usa, regaring warrenty

Only problem I have with the M's is their STUPID tranny (if you get the automatic)! My neighbor has one, it's awful & she'll be trading it, it only has 13,000 miles. BMW should be ashamed & WORSE they're still selling this junk tranny. M's must have manual - period

None of them were supercharged from the factory...0 compaies currently make turbos for the car, and very few have successflly created supercharger kits. Active Autowerke and Discovery Atomotive are the only ones that have successfully done so without creating major motor distruction in the process. Dinan's is still in development.(hello the car has been around for 5 model years now...don't get me started on Dinan though). The main issue here is that the car comes with a 11.5 : 1 compression ratio...not a good place to start for FI.

Still the S54 is such a maxed out motor from the factory that there's very little room for improvement. The fastest known supercharged E46 M3 right now is a car that puts 417hp to the rear wheels and trapps in the 119 range. But this was running water injection and AA actually loweres the redline to 7500 for their supercharged cars for reliability and efficiency even though the stock car makes peak power at 7900 rpm. So it's a great performer from the factory but isn't something you can expect to ever make huge power from.

p.s....I seriously debated buying a C6 or C5 Z06 when I purchased my M3 a few months ago...but I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the M3....and yes skip the SMG tranny unless you're intending on doing heavy track use with the car where this tranny is at home...6 speed for me thanks!

Andy

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

None of them were supercharged from the factory...0 compaies currently make turbos for the car, and very few have successflly created supercharger kits. Active Autowerke and Discovery Atomotive are the only ones that have successfully done so without creating major motor distruction in the process. Dinan's is still in development.(hello the car has been around for 5 model years now...don't get me started on Dinan though). The main issue here is that the car comes with a 11.5 : 1 compression ratio...not a good place to start for FI.

Still the S54 is such a maxed out motor from the factory that there's very little room for improvement. The fastest known supercharged E46 M3 right now is a car that puts 417hp to the rear wheels and trapps in the 119 range. But this was running water injection and AA actually loweres the redline to 7500 for their supercharged cars for reliability and efficiency even though the stock car makes peak power at 7900 rpm. So it's a great performer from the factory but isn't something you can expect to ever make huge power from.

p.s....I seriously debated buying a C6 or C5 Z06 when I purchased my M3 a few months ago...but I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the M3....and yes skip the SMG tranny unless you're intending on doing heavy track use with the car where this tranny is at home...6 speed for me thanks!

Andy

They have turbo S54s, just with JE 9.0:1 pistons. They have the S54 over in Eurpoe ahwile, the control for the double vanos is still be explored by american companies, and most importantly, Jim C

www.boostlogic.com makes a kit for the car, as with ATP.

The compression isn't bad because you have to remember thats the advertised compression, not the dynamic. It's still high, but how do you think all them ford guys take so much abuse on 9.5 to 10:1 compression smile.gif .

Just wait until Jim hammers out the motronic ecu for the s54.

interesting bit on the Turbo's...learn something every day. There's a supercharger kit that's been a couple years in the making by RMS that is supposed to put down big numbers...and they did it through 8.5 compression and big boost...but after 2 years of development RMS still can't get the tuning right on the car.

Conforti's the man...but bang for the buck software just plain sucks for the current M3's. I'll admit that I bought software but the 6hp peak can't even be felt...the only nice thing is the increased redline to 8250.

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

interesting bit on the Turbo's...learn something every day. There's a supercharger kit that's been a couple years in the making by RMS that is supposed to put down big numbers...and they did it through 8.5 compression and big boost...but after 2 years of development RMS still can't get the tuning right on the car.

Conforti's the man...but bang for the buck software just plain sucks for the current M3's. I'll admit that I bought software but the 6hp peak can't even be felt...the only nice thing is the increased redline to 8250.

this is going to blow your mind...

www.boostjunky.com

I'll just say I'm related to someone with a roadster on there