Mowgli1647545497

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

wow way to put them side by side

<font color ="midnightblue"> That was the point. The decision is yours.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Nevermind that if the Cobra comes in under 40 and the new Z06 lists in the 70s that you could near buy two Cobras for the price of one Z06...

I'd take the 6.

<font color ="midnightblue">

Price is a big consideration. For much less than the $30k difference between them, you could easily make the Cobra a better car performance wise. And I still think it's a better looking car. Perhaps not as 'sophisticated' as the Vette, but certainly beefier.

this car WILL have 500hp

and wiht its reasonable price tag... its a far better choice than a new z06

which it shouldnt even be compared to since they are a far cry from each other in catagories they are kept.

i ahate the chevy guys sayin.. well its no z06..

damn right its not.. its a 30k less and well worth the money.. which is more than i can say for a z06.

Originally posted by McGraw:

$30k less can't be denied but lets face it ... this will be the car to buy...

http://www.uberchad.net/gallery/2007Camaro/comaroz28

Um yeah. And right after that car becomes available for purchase you'll be able to buy this:

http://www.speedracer.com/media/pic_mach5.gif

Yeah. And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

I just thought it was funny after all the 'doing retro is a bad idea' junk we all gave Ford owners now it looks like Chevrolet might be in on the band wagon. I've heard a lot of talk about the Camaro coming back in 07. But no one knows any details of what it might have for an engine or anything like that. But lots of rumors about it being a retro styling of the late 60's Camaros. Thought you'd all enjoy that though.

Guest Crankshaft
<font color ="midnightblue"> Meh. Retro is cool in my book, the only issue is: what do you do with the model after that? Do you keep it retro? Make it more retro? Make a jump back to what it was going towards before you made the retro move? I'm sure Ford has a plan. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Heck most of you weren't alive in the 60s so its not retro to you, its new.

And along that same note: 1980s cars weren't cool, hot, retro or good. They sucked. I know I was there. They sucked. All of them.

Cars today are better across the board.

(Oh and 1960s cars too)

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Heck most of you weren't alive in the 60s so its not retro to you, its new.

And along that same note: 1980s cars weren't cool, hot, retro or good. They sucked. I know I was there. They sucked. All of them.

Cars today are better across the board.

(Oh and 1960s cars too)

ok they are not retro. lets call it a throw-back in styling. Classic looks with a modern flair.

:D

I think it looks great and funds premitting will seriouly have to consider that car or a mustang GT in general here in the next year or so.