This weeks Full Throttle

buelliganx1

Ok boys and girls hold on tight, this week they take two 75 firebirds and some nitrous and with all there combined mechanical mastry ended up with a best time of 14.92 at 99 mph with (and this is the best part) a 150 shot of nos OMFG!! I know 5 year old kids that could do better by accident. graemlins/lol.gif

NOS is a company. It is called nitrous oxide, or N2O.

But this description says NOTHING about the cars. What models were they, what motors did they have, and what motor work was done to them. Mid-70's is pretty much THE worst time for automobiles as far as horsepower is concerned, due to the emissions standards put into place and the fuel crisis of that era. If they were 17 second cars to begin with, and run 14 flats w/ a 150 shot, that's not bad at all (assuming no other major work is done to them). This goes for any car of that era.

I saw the one with the GNX's. It seemed like with that show, and the one that you are talking about here, combined with the things that they did to the cars. They really need to get better financing on for the shows.

Hell, at least put some headers and a nitrous cam in the motor to get somewhat better of an effect. Hell, look at *** shit that goes on with that show Overhaulin. A set of Foose rims is 2 grand, let alone the paint work, interior, and the rest. Hell the rustang they just did had SO much body cancer that they put an entire new front assembly from the firewall forward on it. A TRUCKLOAD of shit from year one and a NEW 347 crate direct from Ford SVO. All that shit costs BIG bucks. And it ain't exactly like Chip Foose needs to advertize his work on that show.

Had another thought, has anyone ever considered what these shows do to the hotrodding hobby as a whole? I mean those guys take a beater and turn it into a prize willing show custom in a week.

So why does it take a backyard wrench an entire weekend to do a simple motor swap? That's the question that our wives will be asking after two or three episodes.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

If they were 17 second cars to begin with, and run 14 flats w/ a 150 shot, that's not bad at all (assuming no other major work is done to them). This goes for any car of that era.

+1.

I was actually surprised to see them run that fast after the last show with the Grand Nationals running 14's after a turbo swap. graemlins/nonono.gif

[QB] NOS is a company. It is called nitrous oxide, or N2O.

Well excuse me, I'm well aware of the fact that NOS is a company but I am equally aware of the fact that I'm too lazy and inept at typing to spell out Nitrous when most people would realize that I'm talking about nitrous when I say NOS, I didnt say NAWZ next time I post I'll make sure I break out my politically correct worksheet before I offend anyone. As for the mods and engines regretably I didnt catch what engines they had but the did pretty standard mods i.e. dual exhaust, headers, intake and carb. These times just seem slow to me because back in high school I had a 74 camaro with an open rearend, highway gears (not sure of the exact ratio but suffice to say they were not good for accelerating) and a bone stock 350, 4bbl carb, and I ran a 15.76, just seems that the 150 shot and posi rearend should have helped out a little more than that.

only ricers call nitrous, nos.

I was giving you the benifit of the doubt in the first post, thinking that they actually used NOS and you forgot to capitalize.

this TV show sucks, i want a show with CR vs. those retarded hosts.

Calm down Will, this is all for educations sake. He didn't mean anything by it.

FWIW, if you run a 15.76, and then add a 150 shot, I estimate your time to be a 14.2. 99mph is about right for a 14.2, and if you had traction issues that 14.9 isn't out of the question. BUT, they do need a bigger budget to compete with other shows. ;)

Originally posted by mesteno:

only ricers call nitrous, nos.

this TV show sucks, i want a show with CR vs. those retarded hosts.

CR is mostly ricers

and

what are you talking about CR has more retards that that show. And most as in like 98% of the cars on this web site(if you even have a decent car)dont trap 99mph. The cars have a open diff, heavy, this is the first time they have gotten to launch them, i'm sure there not tuned well, the motors are very tired. You people who rant about this kind of shit are a bunch of SLOW fags. It's always the slow ones too.

Oh and Joe just to be a dick your slow too smile.gif

NOS is a company. It is called nitrous oxide, or N2O.

But this description says NOTHING about the cars. What models were they, what motors did they have, and what motor work was done to them. Mid-70's is pretty much THE worst time for automobiles as far as horsepower is concerned, due to the emissions standards put into place and the fuel crisis of that era. If they were 17 second cars to begin with, and run 14 flats w/ a 150 shot, that's not bad at all (assuming no other major work is done to them). This goes for any car of that era.

actually the mid 70s TA had a great engine option the 74 TA had the 455 heavy duty engine which would run mid to high 13s off the show room floor and was one of the only if not only car that year and was able to pruduce those numbers. but after that the insurance and emisions really hurt the all cars