Who owns a new Corvette C6

Rob1647545496

Originally posted by evan9381:

i saw a red c5 at the apartments next to cheesecake factory w/ the hood cut out for a massive s/c...kid my bro goes to school w/ has a yellow c6

You're talking about Gahanna Lincoln? That kid has a yellow C5, not a C6.

Though I like both, I'd take a C6 Z51 6-speed w/ all the toys over a loaded 04 Z06 any day. Performance differences are negligiable enough to be differed w/ drivers, side by side the C6 IMO looks better (and I love the C5's looks), and the C6 is a better built Vette w/ more options. Sadly, GM still won't make the new Z06 w/ a targa top, my biggest gripe w/ the 01-04 Z06. :(

All because someone just HAD to create the poor selling FRC's and then someone just HAD to make the Z06 based on those. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind the C6 looks so much if they didn't have that stupid looking bubble-like rear glass on them, even if it is more aerodynamic. If they dropped down short like the C5 Z06, I'd be all over one, but I simply can't stand that look. Oh, and Joe, Carrvaggio makes a targa conversion for the C5 Z06. It maintains the exact looks of the body, but the top comes off. I only know of one person on Corvetteforum that has it, and it does look awesome. Of course, he also has a 383 TT setup, HRE wheels, full Custom interior. The guy is looooooaded.

Originally posted by Tater:

I wouldn't mind the C6 looks so much if they didn't have that stupid looking bubble-like rear glass on them, even if it is more aerodynamic. If they dropped down short like the C5 Z06, I'd be all over one, but I simply can't stand that look. Oh, and Joe, Carrvaggio makes a targa conversion for the C5 Z06. It maintains the exact looks of the body, but the top comes off. I only know of one person on Corvetteforum that has it, and it does look awesome. Of course, he also has a 383 TT setup, HRE wheels, full Custom interior. The guy is looooooaded.

I've heard the FRC to targa top conversion is around $10,000. Ouch.

Of course the C6 rear window isn't going to come down like the Z06's, just like the standard C5's doesn't.....it's a hatch back car. I honestly prefer that look a bit more. I just love my open top crusing, hence the reason I never considered a non-T-top car when I bought mine, as my tops are out constantly.

i agree the targa top is > then the FRC both in looks and funtionality, unless the funtionality you are looking for is a full blown race car and want the redused weight, in which case you should just chop off that extra 3 feet sticking out the back of the car. j/k

Originally posted by Tater:

In a race:

My vette > his vette

My Cavalier> his cavalier

I love you Rob. tongue.gif

so austin when are we going to the track

to see what are racecars can do. we might want to change your oil first, 20,000 miles on the same oil is a bit much to be racing. i don't want to do another motor swap this winter.

[ 13. June 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: C6 VET C6 ]