New Top Speed

88lx5oh

Looks like we have lots of pussies on the board. Nice job hoblick, just be careful. 71 North from 270 to polaris is a great clean spot to do some runs late at night. Ive seen 180+ a few times there on the new bike smile.gif

Guest JoesGirlfriend

I'd never go that fast on a bike. I had my Ninja 750R up to an indicated 135-140, and that was definately fast enough for me on a bike. It may have been stable (my step-dad had it to an indicated 155 on a back road and said it was stable) but that doesn't mean it is safe.

That said, I'll bet you weren't doing 182, or anything that close to it. Probably mid-upper 160's. Bike speedo's are usually WWAAAYYY off, I know at 70MPH on my bike people normally pass me like I'm doing 60-65MPH; imagine how far off that is at higher speeds.

Edit: g/f logging into my computer again!! Joe

[ 06. June 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Nitrousbird ]

If you don't ride sportbikes, you really don't understand. Pegging a bike to "insane" speeds is so easy it's not even funny.

Are bike speedos way off up high? Generally. 182 might be closer to 165 or 170, but it doesn't really matter. In a straight line, a bike will hit those speeds so fast you can't believe it's really happening, and you can grind it back down so fast the stupidity is really in your control. It can be done perfectly safely or absolutely insanely, it's up to the rider. And as for doing them on public roads... this isn't "ColumbusBenchRacing." The "stupidity" is accepted by all. What can we say? Shit happens.... a lot! ;)

Originally posted by 100 RWHP:

If you don't ride sportbikes, you really don't understand. Pegging a bike to "insane" speeds is so easy it's not even funny.

Are bike speedos way off up high? Generally. 182 might be closer to 165 or 170, but it doesn't really matter. In a straight line, a bike will hit those speeds so fast you can't believe it's really happening, and you can grind it back down so fast the stupidity is really in your control. It can be done perfectly safely or absolutely insanely, it's up to the rider. And as for doing them on public roads... this isn't "ColumbusBenchRacing." The "stupidity" is accepted by all. What can we say? Shit happens.... a lot! ;)

couldnt agree more

oh and joes g/f my speedo is not that bad off. when im duin 90 im duin 90. atleast crusin next to my buddy's camaro .. thats what his speedo says.. so im sure it is a bit off but not by 30 mph. in any case as steated before its fast and its fun graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by FC_Joe:

way to go! smile.gif i've only seen 100 on my bike. very safe feeling, thats for sure smile.gif

dude, if you still have the old bike you had last time I saw you, I've be afraid to take it off the kickstand, let alone take it to 100 tongue.gif

Nice run ryan, mind your tires, though. ;)

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

i taped on when we were fucking with a radar trailer and the guy in the car went by so fast it totally fucked it up and said like 18 or some shit like that

I went by one in the SHO a few months ago, it randomly was in the middle of NOWHERE on a country road and it reset to "04" and went up to "09" and stayed there. Fun times.

Originally posted by Dave Sigman:

crazy fucker you keep doing shit like that and someones going to have to clean you up with tweezers. Damn thats fast though

*Fixed* Sounds like fun though graemlins/burnout.gif

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

i taped on when we were fucking with a radar trailer and the guy in the car went by so fast it totally fucked it up and said like 18 or some shit like that[/QB]

I had one register 28 the other day, but considering I had just hit the governor(and man did he put a dent in the hood tongue.gif )...