Challenge to you import owners...

excell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Murasaki:

My merkur stock has more torque than horsepower, not tons of either but still more. smile.gif That was an easy challenge.

Your Merkur uses a Ford 2.3l, you don't count. smile.gif

Mike, good point! I hadn't considered some of the light trucks. The 4.0l V6 in my Expy was a Mazda motor and made more torque than horsepower.

Engine: The 1989-1990 240sx have the KA24E, Single Over Head Cam (SOHC), which has 140 @ 5,600 r.p.m., 152 @ 4,400 r.p.m.

HorsePower:

140 @ 5,600 r.p.m.

Torque:

152 @ 4,400 r.p.m.

Engine: KA24DE, Dual Over Head Cams (DOHC), which have 155 @ 5,600 r.p.m., 160 @ 4,400 r.p.m.

HorsePower:

155 @ 5,600 r.p.m.

Torque:

160 @ 4,400 r.p.m.

Why is it I always think when people say import they mean. Honda, Acura, Toyota, and Mitsubishi.

And they never are targeting Nissan/Subaru.

Our turbo engine has less torque though.

Engine: SR20det, Twin Cam which have 247 hp @ 6400 rpm, Garrett T28 ball bearing, 0.64A/R Low-port head, VTC variable intake

HorsePower:

247 @ 6,400 r.p.m.

Torque:

204 @ 5,400 r.p.m.

Most engines make more torque then horsepower. Torque is the actual measured amount of force and horsepower is derived from an equation. After torque peaks the equation starts working in reverse and the HP curve usually starts downward at some point very near peak TQ. Of course that is the anwser from a physics point of view, but turbos, superchargers. Change this equation and make it more complicated.

My toyota truck engine stock 127HP/180TQ. My 95 GMC serria truck with a 5.7L 207HP/315TQ.

Evan

Guest timmybgood
well i have a redtop SR cuz i didn't have enough money for the S14, haha oh well. but don't i have like 203hp/205tq stock? at least i think so...don't have that anymore though :)

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

why? wanna race? :D

You don't want to make that challenge. tongue.gif

C'mon, I want to see some big number imports that can make more torque than horsepower! Enough with this stock and diesel stuff!

Chris, I think you meant "over 200 ft/lbs" :D

If you subtracted my horsepower from my torque the number you have left over is larger than the total amount of torque talked about in most the posts above. ;):D

Originally posted by Perfect Enemy:

graemlins/slap.gif

doesn't count those Are diesels. in order to make more hp than tourque the peak hp has to be above 5252rpm. I can't even think of a diesel that comfortably spins that fast.

Originally posted by mesteno:

doesn't count those Are diesels. in order to make more hp than tourque the peak hp has to be above 5252rpm. I can't even think of a diesel that comfortably spins that fast.

The new 6.0L powerstrokes.