Challenge to you import owners...

excell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Old School Accy:

no offence to anyone but this seems like its in the wrong forum. seems more like it should be in the Kitchen

You are the only one that has had a problem so far, so shut the fuck up before I do it for you.

My intentions for this thread is that I see lots of dyno threads from hopped up imports. Most of them have much more horsepower than torque, which I understand why it is so. However, I wanted to know if any of you produced more torque than horsepower. It just didn't seem like the trend.

Originally posted by rl:

The new 6.0L powerstrokes.

seen a couple dyno graphs of 6.0l around 400rwhp making peak hp about 3500rpm. not calling you a liar but I would have to see it to believe it.

stock they are 325@3300 & 570@2,000 that's a far cry from 5252

Guest stvbreal
I had to replace the test pipe with a highflow cat and detune to pass emissions here. Currently 351 torque. Slightly higher than the HP. You can add another 100 to it by summertime. :D

Originally posted by Perfect Enemy:

You are the only one that has had a problem so far, so shut the fuck up before I do it for you.

My intentions for this thread is that I see lots of dyno threads from hopped up imports. Most of them have much more horsepower than torque, which I understand why it is so. However, I wanted to know if any of you produced more torque than horsepower. It just didn't seem like the trend.

If you are talking about small displacement motors, like a honda 1.8L or something, in order to get that horsepower they have to rev much higher. The higher the rev, the larger the difference between the horsepower and torque numbers. When you are talking about a larger displacement motor with the same number of pistons, such as my 2.4, the longer stroke prevents it from revving as high as the 1.8 honda, therefore keeping the horsepower lower than the torque number. It's all about the equation to measure horsepower, like Joel was talking about. My redline is 5600 RPM, obviously it stops making power well before that.

Originally posted by copperhead:

If you are talking about small displacement motors, like a honda 1.8L or something, in order to get that horsepower they have to rev much higher. The higher the rev, the larger the difference between the horsepower and torque numbers. When you are talking about a larger displacement motor with the same number of pistons, such as my 2.4, the longer stroke prevents it from revving as high as the 1.8 honda, therefore keeping the horsepower lower than the torque number. It's all about the equation to measure horsepower, like Joel was talking about. My redline is 5600 RPM, obviously it stops making power well before that.

I know why it makes less torque, but I wanted to know who is defying the laws of JDMYO on CR. tongue.gif

Originally posted by copperhead:

[qb]... like Joel was talking about.

I was talking about diesels in particular (which do have long strokes, but more in reference to why they don't rev to 5000 RPM is that the burn rate of diesel fuel is significantly slower than gasoline .

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_sports/2002/11/worlds_fastest_pickup/

Originally posted by Regenmeister:

and dont forget this, more torque then horsepower, AND more of both then any other engine ever concieved.

Wrong.

The Saturn V stage one equaled 160,000,000 horsepower. Thats about double the amount of potential hydroelectric power that would be available at any given moment if all the moving waters of North America were channeled through turbines.

Mmmm. The Saturn V. That one is more of both of them than any other engine ever.

Made in the USA. :D

(Ok I'm contributing nothing to this flame thread so I'll go now.)

I know why it makes less torque, but I wanted to know who is defying the laws of JDMYO on CR. tongue.gif

I'll bet the Mercury Mystique I've got for sale makes more horsepower than torque. 2.5L V6, it spins to, I believe, 7k RPM.

Originally posted by mesteno:

seen a couple dyno graphs of 6.0l around 400rwhp making peak hp about 3500rpm. not calling you a liar but I would have to see it to believe it.

stock they are 325@3300 & 570@2,000 that's a far cry from 5252

I wouldnt say it if I hadnt seen it. I've seen them rev 5,000+ on a dyno doing some prototype tuning, not the internet.

Guest doggunracing

T25 powered KA24DE in a 240sx (not mine, I have a T3/T04E)

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~corrales/carsIM/maxpower_panda.JPG

[ 01. December 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: doggunracing ]

here's my friends 91 Talon. I'd post my dyno graph but 157hp and 175ft-lbs is far less impressive. Just so you know, he has a dual runner intake manifold so one run was with short runners and the other was long. Once he figures out how to control it it will switch at 4500 rpm, giving him the 370ft-lbs and 322 hp.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mallard/Pics/Dyno_Chart1.jpg

Originally posted by Mallard:

Once he figures out how to control it it will switch at 4500 rpm, giving him the 370ft-lbs and 322 hp.

SAFC with the vtec controller. Or just get some 'vtec yo' controller.

Or I can make something for you.

Umm, damn. Just realized you said Talon, everyone always bashes the JDM yo intake saying it gives no gains. I'm assuming that's what this is?