Challenge to you import owners...

excell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Neo:

SAFC with the vtec controller. Or just get some 'vtec yo' controller.

Or I can make something for you.

Umm, damn. Just realized you said Talon, everyone always bashes the JDM yo intake saying it gives no gains. I'm assuming that's what this is?

Yeah I think it's the JDM intake manifold. He called it a Cyclone intake manifold? Is that it? He's working on it and should have the butterflies working soon.

I should also tell ya that that's AWD on an AWD dyno (didn't pull a shaft and run FWD), with stock head and cams and stock diffs. He took it to the track and ran a 12.051@113.95 (1.731 60')and a 12.163@116.28 (1.8xx 60') on the short runners. This is his daily driver w/ full interior. (nothing has been stripped from the car) His front tire (stock open diff) was spinning a lot and he wasn't happy with his 60'

Originally posted by Mallard:

Yeah I think it's the JDM intake manifold. He called it a Cyclone intake manifold? Is that it? He's working on it and should have the butterflies working soon.

I should also tell ya that that's AWD on an AWD dyno (didn't pull a shaft and run FWD), with stock head and cams and stock diffs. He took it to the track and ran a 12.051@113.95 (1.731 60')and a 12.163@116.28 (1.8xx 60') on the short runners. This is his daily driver w/ full interior. (nothing has been stripped from the car) His front tire (stock open diff) was spinning a lot and he wasn't happy with his 60'

Very cool. That is what the JDM yo intake is called, It's just been so long since I've read anything about it, that I couldn't remember the name of it. Umm, what the hell tires is he running that he isn't happy with a 1.7... I mean, yeah, he can do better, but not be a shit ton. I'd really like to hear more about what he is going to use to control the butterflies and what kind of streetability/trackability he can get out of them eventually.

Do you happen to know what turbo he is running?

Originally posted by Neo:

Very cool. That is what the JDM yo intake is called, It's just been so long since I've read anything about it, that I couldn't remember the name of it. Umm, what the hell tires is he running that he isn't happy with a 1.7... I mean, yeah, he can do better, but not be a shit ton. I'd really like to hear more about what he is going to use to control the butterflies and what kind of streetability/trackability he can get out of them eventually.

Do you happen to know what turbo he is running?

He was running a Falken Azenis, and the reason he was unhappy with his 60' is because his old EPROM had a studderbox (sp?) and shift without lift so he could launch at full boost and pull consistant 1.6's. He switched that one out because the car was stalling sometimes...now he knows it was a bad connector so he'll probably have it back in the car soon.

He's running a EVOIII 16G. And he says he's going to use an RC car servo to move the butterflies...not sure how he's going to wire it up, so I'm just as interested as you are.