06 Z06 specs finally out...

black00ws6

Forged pistons + forged crank + titanium rods + high compression = sounds nitrous friendly to me.

Hmmmm, wonder how it would take to a 250 shot. And since the battery is moved to the rear, I'm sure a fuel cell would fit in its old spot quite nicely...........

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Forged pistons + forged crank + titanium rods + high compression = sounds nitrous friendly to me.

Hmmmm, wonder how it would take to a 250 shot. And since the battery is moved to the rear, I'm sure a fuel cell would fit in its old spot quite nicely...........

this is a track car, not a drag car...

Originally posted by Fuzz:

LS7 ... MMMmmmmm

I'd like to see this against the SRT-10

Why?

A 5100 lb fullsize truck vs. a welterweight 3100lb sports car vying for supercar status. What would the comparison be? The only test would be 1/4 mile time and trap speed. everything else... the z06 wins.

srt10 -- 13.2 @107mph

06 z06 -- (at least 12's, though i don't have any article to quote for it at this time)

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Can't be any good has less torque than HP :D

I sort of thought we were going to see 500/500 numbers because of how close the horsepower and torque were on the previous z06, but hey, Im not complaining :D

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

Why?

A 5100 lb fullsize truck vs. a welterweight 3100lb sports car vying for supercar status. What would the comparison be? The only test would be 1/4 mile time and trap speed. everything else... the z06 wins.

srt10 -- 13.2 @107mph

06 z06 -- (at least 12's, though i don't have any article to quote for it at this time)

um, the viper SRT-10 graemlins/slap.gif

Guest Spyder550

I believe the dry sump system takes up the battery's old place in the engine compartment.

The LS7’s specifications include:

Unique cylinder block casting with large, 104.8-mm bores and pressed-in cylinder liners

Forged steel main bearing caps

Forged steel crankshaft

Titanium connecting rods with 101.6-mm stroke

Cast aluminum flat-top pistons

11.0:1 compression

Dry-sump oiling system

Camshaft with .591-inch lift

Racing-derived CNC-ported aluminum cylinder heads with titanium intake valves and sodium-filled exhaust valves

Titanium pushrods and valve springs

Low-restriction air intake system

Hydroformed exhaust headers with unique “quad flow” collector flanges.

Originally posted by recklessOP:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> The LS7’s specifications include:

Unique cylinder block casting with large, 104.8-mm bores and pressed-in cylinder liners

Forged steel main bearing caps

Forged steel crankshaft

Titanium connecting rods with 101.6-mm stroke

Cast aluminum flat-top pistons

11.0:1 compression

Dry-sump oiling system

Camshaft with .591-inch lift

Racing-derived CNC-ported aluminum cylinder heads with titanium intake valves and sodium-filled exhaust valves

Titanium pushrods and valve springs

Low-restriction air intake system

Hydroformed exhaust headers with unique “quad flow” collector flanges.

</font>I think I was looking at a different article. Some say cast, some say forged. IMO it wouldn't make sense at all to put cast pistons w/ a forged crank and titanium rods.

This is supposed to be the press release, which states forged pistons

We'll see I suppose.

um, the viper SRT-10 graemlins/slap.gif [/QB]
damn.

True that would be a good comparison. Although the z06 has a better power to weight ratio (z06-6.3lbs per 1hp, srt10- 6.8lbs per 1hp), shorter gearing by 13%. But the viper has wider tire's and smaller frontal area which mean's top speed with be similar.

motor trend, Feb 05,p.49

Now this is one GREAT Automobile! If I had $75k I'd order one. (Perhaps Mad Malibu & Rarest Truck on CR) will buy it for me? Fathers Day only mo's away, they could order it today! I plan on going to Detroit auto show just to see this "defanger". Nice very nice - smile.gif

$70,00 - $80,000 ?

I reverse my original opinion, you can keep it.

Yes I know you can't buy a better performing car at that pricepoint, but I'm not paying $80k for any vette.

...course this means the chances of the CTS-V getting the LS7 are slimming down. Damn shoulda bought that 04 CTS-V in Dec at Chesrown...

Crap n stuff

Guest Harris92
True, I have not heard definite prices either, however the only prices I have heard have been in this price range, which makes me think this will probably be the ballpark of what they might cost.