New track records

Boost-n-Juice

Track records fall in all classes; Bernstein, Baze, G.A., Hines lead

New points leader Brandon Bernstein blasted through the Buckeye State's first 4.4-second pass Friday when he posted a 4.48-second run at 328 mph under the lights of National Trail Raceway in Columbus. Fellow Top Fuel pilot Scott Kalitta also thrilled with Ohio's first 330-mph clocking near the close of Friday's qualifying action.

Track records were set in all four Pro categories. Aside from Bernstein's and Kalitta's marks, Funny Car frontrunner Whit Bazemore logged an impressive 4.77 at 325 mph to reset both flopper marks. Greg Anderson carded a 6.822 to lead Pro Stock and grab the National Trails' E.T. record, which is precisely what Andrew Hines did in Pro Stock Bike with his 7.140 at 187 mph.

Originally posted by Dave Sigman:

and you guys bitch about trails being a slow track

seesh

I'll bet they use 10 gallons of VHT a DAY for this event, where they use a cup of it on a T&T.

Trails isn't slow, they just don't care about prepping it. :rolleyes:

Guest stevil
What's with all the bikes losing it after the finish? Some said it was the track, others said they were braking too hard in the front. Looks like now most of them are taking it easy and crossing the road, so I'm guessing they were too hard on the brakes.

i went today, they were just gettin on the brakes too hard. Dixon put it in the pit after his first round win since his shoot ripped off the car. Hines i believe ran multiple 7.13 times and someone on a bike put down 191mph.not gonna spoil with the winners though. it was a great day of racing and all should watch it on tv tonite. The guy in the Bar's Leaks TA/D stood it up to almost half track. Some local guys made it pretty far in all classes.