Rolled my 2001 Trans Am at 40mph. (NOW WITH PICS!!!)

RedRocket1647545505

And walked away. You heard right folks. The red Trans Am WS.6 that sat for 8 months for a cam upgrage, is no more. Gonna try to get my engine from the insurance company, so I can atleast have my Trex back as a souvenir. BTW, rolling at 40 sucks ass. Someone was looking out for me. Pics coming soon.

[ 22. June 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: AustinL911 ]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, last time I looked at the speedo, it was at 40 and pulling. I went over a slight bump on a back country road, back end bounced, and that was all she wrote. most of the speed was bled off by sliding. till I slid into the cornfield and the tires caught. Then I went airborne. rolled atleast twice that I could count. jumped the 4-5ft tall cornstalks completly. Gotta huge not on my head and seatbelt burn. Lesson WELL!!!! learned. Stupidity sucks folks. I advise you to reconsider some of your driving and racing habits. I know I have.

[ 20. June 2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: AustinL911 ]

Originally posted by AustinL911:

I advise you to reconsider some of your driving and racing habits. I know I have.

Glad to hear you are ok and that hopefully you have walked away with knowledge. Some people aren't as lucky to get a 2nd chance. I know many have passed by not being safe out there, including a personal friend that was racing on a back road and hit a deer at over 135mph.

You may want this down for insurance purposes. And dont mention any engine upgrades, buy the car back, W/o the engine let me know how much you want, I am very interested.

As for the life, be very thankful, glad to not see an obituary on here.

Originally posted by Bananular:

I just want anyone thinking about posting anything condescending or mean to this guy... Fuck off in advance, that shit isn't needed in this thread.

On a tender note, glad to hear you're ok, man. I'd buy you a beer if I were twenty-one. smile.gif

I wasn't planning on saying anything mean, but because of this post... graemlins/trout.gif

dude, what were you thinking driving 140 on a back road?

a friend of mine as well as several other guys on this board died friday night from an auto accident... cars aren't toys! be careful everyone!

oh, and I'm glad that you are ok.

Originally posted by V6 Power:

I wasn't planning on saying anything mean, but because of this post... graemlins/trout.gif

dude, what were you thinking driving 140 on a back road?

a friend of mine as well as several other guys on this board died friday night from an auto accident... cars aren't toys! be careful everyone!

oh, and I'm glad that you are ok.

People from CR died? Who?

There's a reason F-body's have good crash ratings; I think you figured it out!

But seriously, 140+ on a back country road, come on now. I did 130 once in my Formula on a back road I 100% knew was empty and had driven that road many times (no bumps/dips), and still backed off because I didn't feel it was safe.

Be very thankful you walked away.

Originally posted by RAMD AIR:

People from CR died? Who?

he's not on CR. But he's friends (or at least accuantences) with some people from CR.

oh, the guy's name is Anthony. Anyone who was at John's (Blowzilla) bachlor party would have met him. I guess frieday night he got into an accident and hit a tree... any more info than that I don't know yet. When I hear more, I'll update thoe who want to know.