Back from the dyno (S-Trim, 97 Cobra)

Razorback

Well I'm back from the dyno. We spent 4 hours on the dyno just tuning my car. The MAF was a pain in the ass but they got it. Had a few complications along the way which I'll need some advice from you blower guys on here in a minute.

First of all I was dynoing on a Mustang dyno, and the tuners estimate that the #'s would be around 10% higher on a Dynojet. I don't remember the torque, but on one pull it put down 433rwhp @ 7,000RPM. She made between 10 and 11psi. I have a graph here that we printed out at the end on one of the weaker runs where it put down 415.7rwhp/408.5rwtq. So ultimately I'm quite pleased with the power.

On to the crappy part. During the dyno we popped off the coupler that holds the intake tube to the throttle body after one run. We re-installed it and went about the tuning. Later it actually tore the coupler when letting off on another run and the tuners recommended new and higher quality hose clamps along with a replacement coupler.

So I need a couple questions answered.

1. Where would be the best place to get a good high quality 4'' coupler along with some new hose clamps that are equally high quality? I don't want to order replacement from Vortech because it takes too long and I want something of higher quality.

2. Obviously there is a lot of pressure from the blower that's blowing this tube off and causing the excessive stress to it. I may need another bypass valve. Where would be the best place to get one, and what else do I need with it? Is it a relatively easy install to have a mechanic install a second bypass valve for me?

Thanks, look forward to hearing your responses.

[ 01. August 2004, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Razorback ]

Oh, one other thing I wanted to mention also about my dyno was that I was very impressed with the tuners. They spent 4 hours tuning my car because the MAF in there was so strange from Pro-M and they didn't even charge me extra or anything. They even did some little corrective labor on the car when it would screw up during a pull.

I went with LaSota Racing and I'll be going back there next time I need a re-tune. I was very pleased with their customer service and their overall workmanship. Anytime I need a question answered I just shoot Don an E-Mail and he gets right back with me. Thanks a lot you guys!

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR ASS:

nice numbers. you can get t-bolt clamps and silicon hose at jegs and summit also local vendors like passen and advanced imports carry them too

Yeah I'm gonna run out to Jeg's today and see what they have. Hope the stuff ain't too expensive because I'm pretty much broke after this S-Trim install and tune. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OSUlightning2000

hey do they have a phone # or email addy i can get them i need to have my truck dyno tuned, i just got a predator and CAI and getting a 4lb lower next week hopefully. i already spent 1000 today the damn tires are 1000 to go around the truck.

JLI