Nissan quality what?

copperhead

Originally posted by copperhead:

Yeah, the '05 Taco is the same deminsions as a Dakota.

Really? What do those weigh in at? I just like the interior of the 01-02 ALOT and the V8 of course. It's gonna be hard to get away from that truck in my future. Just don't know if I should get the extended cab or not. Because the truck doesn't weigh enough (I think) to pull a open trailor and car, so it would just be a driver.

I guess I'll help out the truck guys. I'm pretty open about trucks.

DO NOT DISPUTE THAT MIKE STARTED HIS TRUCK WITH THE HOOD UNDER WATER. It did stall for several seconds. Long enough for the hood to get covered. It did start and run pretty bad and clear up.

As for the Titan. I don't know much about it, but I do know there isn't currently anything bigger than a 1/2 ton model. They are rated to pull just a little less than a 1/2 ton ford or chevy

The Tundra is definately a fullsized pickup. Its rated to pull around the same as the 1/2 fords and chevys. If the fords or chevys have towing packages installed they do tow a great deal more.

It also has similar inside and outside dimensions and wheelbase.

I agree. The big 3 don't like competition. Can we blame them. Look what happened after 1979 when toyota introduced there compact pickups to the US.

A fact. Nissian in the world market is below Toyota and Isuzu for truck sales. Isuzu actually does beat out Toyota also.

Toyotas biggest mistake with the Tacoma line was dropping the 1 ton chassis in favor of saving money. Don't know if you knew it or not, but most toyota trucks sold in the US from 1986 on were 3/4 ton trucks with the ability to be converted to 1 tons by swapping the rear end gears and rear springs. Toyota also offered 1 ton dually models for RV's, and box trucks.

Evan

Originally posted by SHIEF:

Really? What do those weigh in at? I just like the interior of the 01-02 ALOT and the V8 of course. It's gonna be hard to get away from that truck in my future. Just don't know if I should get the extended cab or not. Because the truck doesn't weigh enough (I think) to pull a open trailor and car, so it would just be a driver.

I don't remember how much the 05 weighs, but with the different cab configurations and whether it's 4x4 or 2x4 and I4 or V6, I would guess the lightest would be a bit over 3,000 and the heaviest around 4,500. It is NOT going to have a V8 (which makes me sad), BUT, the 4.0 V6 they are using puts out more power and torque than the big motor (inline 5) for the Colorado, or the 318 V8 in the Dakota's.

Extended cabs are a huge plus in my book. I'll never buy another truck with just a regular cab. It's so nice to have that extra room.

And as for towing, I would wait and see what they are rated at. An open trailer with a light car would probably be fine, but I wouldn't push it.

Yeah I really liked the way the Colorado looked (kinda like the SS, w/o the $40,000 price tag), but then looked at the engine, and boy did they mess that up with that 5 cyl :( Which put me more towards the Dakota. Yeah I'd be towing a car under 3,000lbs and not out of state, so it's a tough decision.

Guest jpurdy2003

Wasn't Nissan and Ford in bed to build the current model Quest/Windstar minivans?

You're thinking of the Mercury Villager. The Windstar is unique to Ford.

Originally posted by The Anti-Role Model:

You're thinking of the Mercury Villager. The Windstar is unique to Ford.

what's the difference between the villager and the windstar, other than badging?

I just thought that I had read somewhere about the collaborating, I was just wondering if someone knew for sure.

Guest jpurdy2003

what's the difference between the villager and the windstar, other than badging?

Everything. Powertrain, body, interior. Just because they look kinda similar, it doesn't mean they share a platform. IIRC, the windstar uses a duratec V6 while the Villager/Quest uses Nissan's KA24.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by The Anti-Role Model:

Everything. Powertrain, body, interior. Just because they look kinda similar, it doesn't mean they share a platform. IIRC, the windstar uses a duratec V6 while the Villager/Quest uses Nissan's KA24.

KA24, where did that come from??? The Villager/Quest shared a 3.3L SOHC V6 from the Pathfinder/Frontier before getting the 3.5L DOHC V6 that most every other new Nissan has.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by doggunracing:

KA24, where did that come from??? The Villager/Quest shared a 3.3L SOHC V6 from the Pathfinder/Frontier before getting the 3.5L DOHC V6 that most every other new Nissan has.

NM, I confused it with the old-school Nissan AXXESS minivan.. Either way, it ain't a Ford powertrain.