c6 parts anyone?

stealthmonkey

That is so far from being totalled that this thread makes me sad.

List of parts that car needs:

pass. side fender

pass. side headlight

front bumper cover

hood

From the pictures, it looks like there is no structural damage. Add up the price of the parts I listed above, then paint and labor will NOT be much for this job. Take that total estimate, and if it comes out to be less than half of the vehicle's value (and it's what, a $45k - $60k car?), then it will not totalled.

Thanks for playing, though.

EDIT I looked at the pics again and the fuckin airbags didn't even blow!! That guy could have tapped a curb that he didn't know was there for all we know! Fiberglasse breaks like that. That car is hardly even banged up

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Eastside Juggalo:

Crashed on 9-11 too.. That's really gotta blow man. What do you think may have happened? :confused:

obviously theres a terrorist connection. perhaps they flew a model plane into it? :confused:

I would say from the damage on the truck that it was somehow involved with the wreck with the car in the intersection and got spun into the C6 as the C6 was sitting at the light. It looks like the person who owns the C6 was just an innocent by-standard, unfortunate situation.

Also agree with copperhead, no way that thing is totaled. Also, although this is unfortunate, with there being no obvious structural damage, the car should be able to be fixed to as good as new.

Looks to me like the Neon t-boned the truck, truck spun around and hit the C6. I'm not sure if the C6 got knocked back far enough to hit the Ford behind it though, so there may be some rear bumper damage.

BTW anyone else noticed the taillights on the truck are DUCT-TAPED in place? WTF, are there seriously companies that make these things without bolt holes? I mean, you HAVE the bolts that held the old ones in.

Originally posted by Slow As Hell 86 T/A:

would there be a way to retrofit that rear end/tranny on to a 3rd gen?

No. (yes, anything is possible, but that's not a realistic swap).

Who would think that car is anywhere close to totalled?? A few thousand in damage, but far from being totalled. I bet the owner was mighty pissed, as I'm sure he paid a nice price premium to get an early C6.

Oh, and as for the price of the car. I played on Chevy.com, and the most expensive C6 coupe you can build is 56,165.00. That includes every possible option from Onstar, dual roof panels, upgraded rims, navagation, extra cost paint, EVERYTHING. Base MSRP is $44,245.00

The convertiable is $63,355.00 with everything possible. Base is $52,245.00.

Of course base on these cars still has a ton of stuff to them (leather, HID's, active handling control, power seats, windows, mirrors, locks, keyless entry/keyless start, etc.). All out of my price range though. :( That said, once they are easily available at a dealer, they will be had for far less than MSRP. GM loves to offer all sorts of incentives lopping thousands off of the MSRP.