This would be a fun project....

SPLN SUX

so how bout we take this thing here...

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/aic/smart_citycabrio_pulse_2005_385x192.jpg

And mod the shit out of it. Its got a 700cc turbo charged inline 3 cylinder. It makes all of 61bhp and 59lb-ft. Curb weight is 1610.

TWO SEATER, FRONT ENGINE, REAR WHEEL DRIVE, 6-SPEED MANUAL.... = Sports car??? graemlins/wtf.gif:confused:

Anyways, i think it would be fuckin cool to have one of these with about 150hp in it... Theyd ban the shit from autoX. 71 in wheel base graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Theyd ban the shit from autoX. 71 in wheel base graemlins/lol.gif

for along the same reason the GT1 and CLK GTR were banned from racing, trouble keeping the rubber in contact with the asphalt. That would be a horrible autoX car, way too top heavy. But 200-250 hp would be fun as hell.

Originally posted by The Stig:

for along the same reason the GT1 and CLK GTR were banned from racing, trouble keeping the rubber in contact with the asphalt. That would be a horrible autoX car, way too top heavy. But 200-250 hp would be fun as hell.

I have to politely disagree with the "top heavy part smile.gif

To begin with, it already weighs next to nothing. About the same amount as a nicely stripped down CRX or shelled EG. Im sure you could find a way to pull a good 100lbs off it. Some 7 or 8x13 slicks and maybe a set of stiffer springs and that thing would be nothing less than an oversized shifter kart IMO.

wonder if a Gixxer motor will fit :confused:

Guest 1sweet3.4

yeah it's light weight, but still carries 70 percent of it's weight more than 3 feet off the ground. no amount of springs would help that unless you've got a spring on top to flip you back over... banned from autocross bc you would die and kill many small children who were watching while you rolled a hundred times bc it's shaped like an egg.

With that said, it would be fun as hell to put some serious horsepower to the ground with. but not to turn.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

I have to politely disagree with the "top heavy part smile.gif

To begin with, it already weighs next to nothing. About the same amount as a nicely stripped down CRX or shelled EG. Im sure you could find a way to pull a good 100lbs off it. Some 7 or 8x13 slicks and maybe a set of stiffer springs and that thing would be nothing less than an oversized shifter kart IMO.

wonder if a Gixxer motor will fit :confused:

You are incorrect, sir. graemlins/thumb.gif

Top heavy is a realative term. You in a shopping cart may only be 250 lbs, but you damn sure dont want to have to corner hard. Put an adult human in that tiny thing, and you'll throw off the C.O.G. by a foot. Lighten it more and you raise it further. You're not thinking in 3 dimensions. ;) I've rolled Golf Carts on flat pavement, its the same principle.

Put a boosted 350bhp gixxer plant up front...AND in back, and it will be truely insane. Not only that, but it will have added lower weight, front and rear, and will be more stable.

BTW, Smarts are all turboDIESEL, and the engine is in the rear. I went to a SMART dealership when I was visiting my brother in Frankfurt and I can't begin to explain how small the 3cyl turbo engine is. The turbo is so tiny and cute! smile.gif

I'd rock one as a daily driver. They really can park perpendicular to the curb instead of parallel parking.