New CR Banner - no 56k!

88lx5oh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 00Smurf

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Engine%20Swap%20day%201/DSCF0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Supra%20Repair%20Day%201/DSC01986.jpg

heres 2 pics

Anthony, would there be any way to link the banner to a program that would randomly link a .jpg file in a specific folder that had nothing but the banners? I'm no programmer, but I would guess that the way that banner ads are randomly changed would probably work here.

Every 30 seconds could probably work, it may become annoying if it decides to refresh right as someone is about to click on something. You may want to take a look at how banner ads work, that may provide something useful. If I knew shit about programming, I would do it myself, but alas, I wouldn't have a clue as to what I am looking for.

BTW, sent you a message on AIM. Waiting for a response :eek:

Guest stvbreal

Animated gifs can get pretty large in size, especially with a 30sec delay. Try this code. It's a banner rotator.

Set banners/images path on server, add as many banners/images as you want, adjust delay time, works with

both jpg and gif. Not sure if it is allowed code though. Worth a shot.

Right Click Save Target As

Banner Rotator Code

I'm using this code on one of the sites I've built. Take a look at it. Scroll to the bottom to see the company logos.

Mouse over then out on one of the logos and it speeds up to the next. Mouse over and stay on the logo and it

pauses. Pretty cool if an image appears you want to gaze at for a bit. You can also hyperlink

the images as well.

Banner Rotator Example

[ 14. December 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: EvilEvo ]

Originally posted by Ricochet:

After that I could just blank them out with a columbus skyline pic and have columbusracing show up in letters a frame at a time (quicker than 1 second intervals for space-saving) or something.. I'll build a few and let the crowd pick smile.gif

(I need more pictures if you want to be in it)

I have always been partial to the idea of a banner with the columbus skyline in it.