2007 Camaro

owndjoo

Guest aftermidnight
but gm sucks big donkey dick because the penny pushers there won't let it happen....it's too bad gm is laying down and playing dead on this car. oh well, thats business for ya i guess....

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by Mr. Old Mans Cars AKA GonneVille:

GM is laying down and playing dead on ALL its good concept cars, if you haven't noticed.

oh i know...why is gm being a big pussy about this stuff these days? who knows....

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

That's an old article, w/ some artists idea of what it should be like from a while ago.

No one has seen anything remotely official from GM. Just what people think it "should" or "will" look like.

Sadly, I'm doubting the 07 date.

I don't know. Ford showed em up when they created the 2005 Stang retro look. Now chevy and dodge are trying to get into this race.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

No one has seen anything remotely official from GM. Just what people think it "should" or "will" look like.

Sadly, I'm doubting the 07 date.

I doubt it will ever come back out. If it ever does, it will be very far down the road from now and will be nothing that any previous f-body owner would want. i.e. v6 fwd POS.

Your first point is an excellent point. People are running around acting like the 07 Camaro is some kind of prediction from Nostradamus and there has been NOTHING official about it afaik.

Don't hold your breath waiting for it... GM just put the Zeta platform on an indefinate hold. Probably to concentrate on building bigger SUV's and Hummers! :rolleyes:

The Zeta was going to be the RWD base platform for several new cars (including the revived Camaro).

Originally posted by Vargargargon:

I'm just curious (not angry or anything) as to what all the people that puke everytime they see retro styling would prefer a new mustang or new camaro or any other new vehicle should look like?

It should be an iteration of the last generation of that vehicle. A good version of retro is something that looks modern with styling cues from the old car. Bad retro is when they try to make it look like a modern version of the old car. It just doesn't work. Those are just generalizations too, I'm sure they could make either one work or not work, but the retro cars that have come out recently look horrible.

I'm also going to stand by the fact that the new mustang will not outsell the old average if they sell this body style for any more than three years. After that they better go to an iteration of the 00-04, or maybe even the 94-99's. Sort of swaping back and forth from boxy to round to boxy to round over the generations. That's a hefty bill considering how many they are going to sell this year. Sales will slump in its second year and in its third year will be abysmal. They might be able to scrape by a fourth year, but I don't think it's wise. Ford better have the next mustang on the drawing board already. Retro cars are a fad and people buy them in droves at first because they are 'different'. Then when there are 200k other cars like yours sold in one year, and you've lived with the car for a year, it becomes not so different. Write this down and put it in a safe place, I bet I'm not too far off.

yeah the retro stuff needs to go... i don't like the mustangs OR the f-bodys, but they seriously looked better in their last production year to both (the 03 mustangs and the last gen of the F-bodys) as far as i'm concerned in respects to these newer retro looking things.

they need more imagination for designing like things used to be:/

i dont car what anyone says...

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro_13_z.jpg

that looks pretty fuckin sick IMO.

though... it does have a Monte Carlo look in the ass end... the front end is hawt.

Originally posted by satan:

is it just me, or does the front end strongly resemble the new mustangs???

it resembles the front end of an old Camaro to me... GM isnt trying to copy of Ford if thats what your getting at...