Help finding stolen car - no 56k

Guest Corran

Im new to the columbus area, and have only had my car up here for a few weeks. On last thursday it was stole off the corner of 1st and Neil Ave.

Here's a pic

http://www.jmsperformanceproducts.com/images/civic/civic2.jpg

http://www.jmsperformanceproducts.com/images/civic/civic3.jpg

http://www.jmsperformanceproducts.com/images/civic/civic4.jpg

http://www.jmsperformanceproducts.com/images/civic/civic5.jpg

Im looking for any info on where it could be, (probly a chop shop) so if you hear of anyone selling a b16a1, hasport mounts, hasport linkage, motegi mr7 wheels (16X7 with a 4X100 bolt pattern), autometer carbon fiber guages, tenzo r seats ect. for to cheap, or cash only, send me a pm or call me at 937 475 7284

thanks

-Greg

PS: there is a reward for anyone who gives info that allows parts to be recovered or the theifs to be captured.

EDIT: Added 56k warning to title. Also, sorry to hear about your car. We'll keep our eyes open for it...

~Anthony

[ 14. November 2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Entropy X ]

On this subject, is there any way to make the computer on a car easy to pull out and put back in, as an added means of preventing theft? Doubtful that the car would be going anywhere without that, unless the theif was dead set on grabbing *that* car and came prepared for just that situation. Maybe when I get a car worth stealing I might wanna do that :D

Originally posted by Kuruma:

On this subject, is there any way to make the computer on a car easy to pull out and put back in, as an added means of preventing theft? Doubtful that the car would be going anywhere without that, unless the theif was dead set on grabbing *that* car and came prepared for just that situation. Maybe when I get a car worth stealing I might wanna do that :D

i dont think it would be that hard to do, because doesnt the wiring harness just plug into the ECU? so if you moved it somewhere you had easy access to like the glove box, i guess you could just reach in and unplug it and take it with you.

although im not sure what kind of effects this would have on the computer itself.

Is that the current tag CNB1601? If so I will keep an eye out for it. What is the police report number and I will look it up at work and inform all my fellow officers to keep a look out for it. Sorry to here about your car. The car was taken on 1 precinct and im on the same zone just a couple of precincts north of there.

Originally posted by Browning:

But would erase codes for say certain chips, etc...? And be a pita to reprogram your deck every time you drive it lol

If I had a car that was worth stealing to the point of warranting such an effort, I don't think I'd drive it too often either. I tend to break parts by pushing things past their limit.

Originally posted by Kuruma:

If I had a car that was worth stealing to the point of warranting such an effort, I don't think I'd drive it too often either. I tend to break parts by pushing things past their limit.

Thats why you underbuild everything. Build it to handel 500hp, but build it to make 300. No broken parts ;)

Im building my race engine to handel 600-700, but dont plan on making more than 300. Costs a pretty penny, but its worth it.

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

Thats why you underbuild everything. Build it to handel 500hp, but build it to make 300. No broken parts ;)

Im building my race engine to handel 600-700, but dont plan on making more than 300. Costs a pretty penny, but its worth it.

I agree with that logic. It sounds like an overall a solid, reliable way to do it. I haven't had anything that wasn't stock so far (Simply because I didn't care about upgrades or racing until recently. I'm a noob, but I've always driven whatever car I'm in fast and hard for what it can do.), Me + stock setup = something blowing up or breaking. (Of course, I'm sure that wouldn't be true if I had a car that came set up for the way I drive from the factory.)

Originally posted by newmark:

taking the computer out? you could just relocate the fuel pump fuse and take that with you everytime you leave.

I did not think of that, but that sounds like an even better idea. No fuel = no go, after all.

Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

even better wire in a kill switch like the ones used on jetskies and just keep it attached to your keys.

Never been around a jetski to know what those are like, but again, it sounds like a good idea smile.gif

I suppose I'd have to see one for myself. Never been around a quad either. smile.gif

I didn't care about much other then computers, getting completely wasted, and buying more and more video games until I finally got sick of that stuff after I blew the Neon's engine in June this year. Fucking up a car that badly and being forced to deal with a repair bill of over $2K will make you rethink a lot of things.