what trans is this?

Guest aftermidnight

Guest aftermidnight
ok, i know it is a ford 4-speed. from my chiltons manual from the old days, it looks like the same transmissions from the 292 t-birds and fairlanes. i just don't know what it is called. (if it is a top loader 4-speed, i will definatley be happy cause they are great road racing transmissions) the only cover on it is on the top. linkage normal on the drivers side. cast iron case, definantley a strong and heavy m f er.hehe, thanks, Patrick graemlins/gone.gif

t-10 was a side loader like the muncie and saginaw transmissions. if it has a inspection cover on the top and the shift linkage attachments on the side it can either be a 4spd or a 3spd o/d they look very simalar. pull the casting #'s and that will tell you which one it is.

Guest aftermidnight
it's the 4-speed(shifted it last night)the 3-speed o/d had a drain plug in the bottom of it according to the chilton manual, this one doesn't. the top cover has 10 bolts in it, when i picked it up, i was pretty sure it was a top loader, but i want to make sure before i go buying the bellhousing and such to put it in the camaro.