Real or Fake Transformer? from a MINI!!!!!

stealthmonkey

So.. It only shows it stopping a car, taking a lugnut off, and walking in the dark? AM i missing a video where it is a car?

Edit, I am going to say fake also. The pic at the top of the page looks fake. It looks like it's standing above the ground.

[ 21. April 2004, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: DropTop ]

Guest stevil
Originally posted by jallen100:

It is fake as hell.

But cool as hell also. :D

My brother said: "i think someone is secretly hyping up the transformer movie that should come out in 2006. people start watching these with no reference then after a while maybe there will be a movie trailer. If i was a producer I'd leak out a buzz"

I bet he's right. The low qulity CGI is easy to do, they can test stuff out while putting it on the net. Free advertising. And stuff spreads all over the net faster than hell, cheap and effective... like Burger King's Subserviant Chicken.

VW Bug Transformer

[ 21. April 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: More Pee Than CR ]

It was a marketing ploy from Mini. They included a small story in this month's motor trend about some strange robot sightings in the UK, which listed that webpage in the story. The story claimed the guy used to be an engineer on the Mini project, and that he purposely over-engineered certain parts of the mini so he could use them to build his robots later. The movies were good, but definitely fake.