$10g's, 225hp+ and 4 doors

Bam

I've gathered up a list, driven quite a few of the cars and still have some to drive yet.

As in the title, my 3 main things are:

1) $10g price tag, or less.

2) At least 225hp NA, or a turboed car that can attain 225hp semi-easily.

3) A four door car with 33+ inches of rear seat room.

Nothing older than 96, miles under 85k.

Cars I've driven. GTP, Passat 1.8t, Nissan Maxima.

Cars I'm thinking about as well - Accord, Audi A6, Volvo 850/S60, Saab 9-3/9-5's.

What can you add to the list?

Thanks

Matt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you looking to do with the car?If just a "family car" I have an LS400 that I drive.250 hp,plenty of room and reliabilty out of this world.You can pick one up for $10k or less but if you are looking to go fast this would not be the 4 door to have.

99-00 contour svt 200hp stock, chip, intake, headers and exhaust will put you in the 230ish range. Handles great leather with sunroof, ground effects. also I know them inside and out and am always the one servicing your cars :D some wheels a little lowering and they can look very very nice.

Ha, thanks derek, an SVTC would be nice, BUT, I need it to be BIGGER than my Jetta in rear seat, and after making this post, I think I really want a stock turbo or SC'd car.

NOS50- This is going to be a family car, but also my fun car on the weekends, so no full out luxury cruisers, I need it to handle decently.

Matt

Hey I did see some 2 inch lowering springs on e-bay for the LS.Just joking ,I've always liked the Maximas and you can't beat the Japanese cars for reliability.I just have some 17 inch wheels on my LS and cruise it like that.It handles like a BIG 4 door car with 17's so skip the LS idea.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

fuck volvos, only dublin mommies and bisexual men drive those fwd ergonomically-challenged heaping piles of dogshit.

passats are for shit-packing queers too, and they only have like 180-200hp. Hardly enough to push the overpriced/overweight fagwagon up to traffic speeds.

Audi's are fucking pimp, and an A6 will be enough to either haul your family around and/or impress the hookers you pick up behind your wife's back. I love them.

Fuck Accords, and fuck Honda for that matter. My mom had a 98 V6 model (200hp) and with the windshield being so low along with the seats feeling so high, people in front of me could damn fuckin near see my crotch. They're really not that bad of a car other than that, but go for the Audi.

Drunk posting, aren't you?? :D

I liked the Saab 9-5 I drove; awesome car, but the tranny sucked a butt nugget, and it's wrong wheel drive.

I've seen too many people (even on here) post about problems w/ their Audi's. I'd personally hate to have a problematic car at that price level; as I'm sure parts are probably a bit of an ass raping.

I can't think of anything else not listed, but I try to not think about 4 door cars.

Originally posted by NOS50:

What are you looking to do with the car?If just a "family car" I have an LS400 that I drive.250 hp,plenty of room and reliabilty out of this world.You can pick one up for $10k or less but if you are looking to go fast this would not be the 4 door to have.

Who says you can't go fast with an LS400?

http://www.lextreme.com/

You can boost that motor to 500 hp without doing anything else to it. Lower compression pistons, and then your only limit is octane.

Why a Passatt 1.8T? A 99-00 A4 1.8T Quatro easily fits that bill. 99.5's usually go for 8-9k and 00's around 10-11k. They only had 150hp stock in those years but just a cat back and chip will get you near 225. Actually just a chip should put you into the high 1XX, 200 if it's the right chip.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Why a Passatt 1.8T? A 99-00 A4 1.8T Quatro easily fits that bill. 99.5's usually go for 8-9k and 00's around 10-11k. They only had 150hp stock in those years but just a cat back and chip will get you near 225. Actually just a chip should put you into the high 1XX, 200 if it's the right chip.

The reason I stated a Passat or an Audi A6, is because they are both LARGER than my current Jetta. The A4 is on the same wheelbase as the Jetta, so therefore it wouldn't get me anymore room where I need it.

I wouldn't mind a GTP, but I drove a 01 GTX at Dan Tobin yesterday, and...it was slow, didn't seem much quicker than my Jetta although they claim 80 more HP. The weight kills them, 35xxlbs.

No Lexus for me, I'm also thinking about a BMW 540, V8 power, so we'll see.

Nick, I'd love an 850R, but you know how hard they are to come by? Needle in a haystack....

Saab's are cool, they take a bit to boost at stock levels, but modded ones are badass, plus they are cheaper than Volvo's.

Honestly I can't find a volvo in my price range with under 120k miles, it's rediculous.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I'm in no rush to buy something so I'm taking my time finding the best suited car.

Matt

Guest DagoRcR
Originally posted by Volvolution:

How do those Saab's run??? Theyve caught my eye that last couple years...

I freaking love mine. I came from a GLI jetta, and this feels so much more sporty. It's quick too. I got the linear version, which is a 2.0t@ 175 hp and 190ftlb But it Feels substantially faster, and I have reason to believe that the hp is slightly underrated, some numbers given by third parties show 200/220 and that actually feels more reaslistic. I love the car. some sweet news is the new Arc version starting in 2007 will have a 2.8 l V6 Turbo, made by GM :eek: that's good for all things seeing that gm is making a v6 turbo in the us.

Go give one a test drive, you'll like it

Originally posted by BAM6I4:

The reason I stated a Passat or an Audi A6, is because they are both LARGER than my current Jetta. The A4 is on the same wheelbase as the Jetta, so therefore it wouldn't get me anymore room where I need it.

I wouldn't mind a GTP, but I drove a 01 GTX at Dan Tobin yesterday, and...it was slow, didn't seem much quicker than my Jetta although they claim 80 more HP. The weight kills them, 35xxlbs.

Nick, I'd love an 850R, but you know how hard they are to come by? Needle in a haystack....

Saab's are cool, they take a bit to boost at stock levels, but modded ones are badass, plus they are cheaper than Volvo's.

Honestly I can't find a volvo in my price range with under 120k miles, it's rediculous.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I'm in no rush to buy something so I'm taking my time finding the best suited car.

Matt

GTPs have a flat HP curve, you dont feel fast. smile.gif

Guest powers
Originally posted by BAM6I4:

Matt

Passat's and a4's are very similar in wheel base. 103-106" and jetta's are 98". Oh and Passat's with an upgraded ecu, and downpipe will make 220 at the wheels. Upgrade the turbo and you can make 300+.

This would be a good daily driver

http://www.clubb5.com/month/0203/01.jpg