$10g's, 225hp+ and 4 doors

Bam

Guest mudbutt
as for reliability and comfort, my 95 maxima has 190k on the odo. The thing doesnt use a bit of oil or coolant is peppy(not fast)and uber comfortable for a car of that year or price range. I have a bad back and can not ride in many cars for any time over an hour without hurting. I took a trip to florida with the only stops being gas. 15 or so hours each way and my back didnt give me any problems. It may not be a huge deal to you, but I notice these things.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest powers
Well if comfort is the deciding factor, I must say that a regal GS was one of the most comfortable cars I have ever been in. I am a big guy so it may be different for other people.

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

Well if comfort is the deciding factor, I must say that a regal GS was one of the most comfortable cars I have ever been in. I am a big guy so it may be different for other people.

I'd definatley pimp a Regal GS. If you don't mind looking like a grandpa when you drive though smile.gif

Originally posted by Sapper98Z:

9C1 chevy caprice, slap AFR heads, CC306, and Lt4 intake.

get an ex police cruiser. room out the ass for anything, and cheap. im not a ford person really, but im sure ill be looking at a crown vic for when i have a family (by then the 4.6 will be replaced by a fuel cell)

also , have you looked into a caddy? im sure there has to be a few out there with low miles from the older crowd that are in minty shape.

hey the new 06 hyundai sonata is 235hp, and IMO is the best looking hyundai evar, which isn't saying much.

oops, you will have to wait a year, they depresiate like no other :(

How about a turbo volvo or a turbo saab? They are FWD, but they make good power and are pretty reliable.

4 door M3 (e36) would fit the bill, although it might be hard to find a nice one for 10k

Maximas are pretty nice and cheap and a good motor.

Guest HERWS6

My dyno #'s with my GTX: 324.9 fwhp 403.1 tq

Times:

12.530 @ 106.01 1.740 60' full interior: INTENSE S1X, O/R pushrods, 2.6" IMP, 160 Stat, SLP hdrs, INTENSE 1.60:1 roller rockers, INTENSE MM, INTENSE Stge 1 PCM, INTENSE IC, INTENSE FWI, INTENSE TCS-325 and prototype 3rd gen LSD. (just added rockers, TCS) new times to come!

See goclubgp.com for local members and their cars.

Originally posted by HERWS6:

My dyno #'s with my GTX: 324.9 fwhp 403.1 tq

Times:

12.530 @ 106.01 1.740 60' full interior: INTENSE S1X, O/R pushrods, 2.6" IMP, 160 Stat, SLP hdrs, INTENSE 1.60:1 roller rockers, INTENSE MM, INTENSE Stge 1 PCM, INTENSE IC, INTENSE FWI, INTENSE TCS-325 and prototype 3rd gen LSD. (just added rockers, TCS) new times to come!

See goclubgp.com for local members and their cars.

:(

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Orion:

if you get a wrx, and add around 2 grand to it, youll be in the 12's. reliably. with a backseat, a trunk, and ac.

(gawd, im starting to sound like anthony.)

Untill the tranny explodes ;)

Originally posted by Zeitgeist:

Ooh...I was about to mention the TV ads I'm seeing for brand new 2005 Grand Marquis' going at less tha $19k. That's a V8 (260hp) RWD, 5-star crash rated, 6-passenger, 4-body trunk, 26mpg cruiser.

4 bodies? you need to learn to pack better.

do those come withthe dohc 4.6, or the sohc?

crown vic
haha yea man, i love crown vics. ive had three of them so far, (well, one was a grand marquis... same thing) and was thining about buying another one.

last one i had was white, with push bar and a spotlight...my dad picked it up at at auction somewhere, cant remember off the top of my head.

the awesome thing about it is that you would be amazed at how fast that thing would clear the left lane of the freeway. you could cruise at 90 just about anywhere, and no one would be in your way.

but the thing that sucked was it was actually a police cruiser before they sold it, and we all know that police officers are known for treating their vehicles with the utmost care and respect ;)

but the crown vic is a pretty good car, it rides like a pillow on the streets, just sucks up the potholes, i think they are pretty safe too... some guy in a honda rear ended me in my 97 crown vic... totally FUCKED his car up, my car had a bent bumper lol.

similar to mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6227&item=4553308278&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Originally posted by Chevy Metal:

haha yea man, i love crown vics. ive had three of them so far, (well, one was a grand marquis... same thing) and was thining about buying another one.

last one i had was white, with push bar and a spotlight...my dad picked it up at at auction somewhere, cant remember off the top of my head.

the awesome thing about it is that you would be amazed at how fast that thing would clear the left lane of the freeway. you could cruise at 90 just about anywhere, and no one would be in your way.

but the thing that sucked was it was actually a police cruiser before they sold it, and we all know that police officers are known for treating their vehicles with the utmost care and respect ;)

but the crown vic is a pretty good car, it rides like a pillow on the streets, just sucks up the potholes, i think they are pretty safe too... some guy in a honda rear ended me in my 97 crown vic... totally FUCKED his car up, my car had a bent bumper lol.

similar to mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6227&item=4553308278&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Pretty safe? Uh. Don't get rear ended.

KABOOOOOOM

Well thanks for all the great idea's and info, but what it really came down to was how much a dealer was willing to move and what my INS co said. I'm not sure what it is, but VW/Audis are FUCKING expensive to insure, so I was quoting around for a 1.8t and it was going to raise a few hundred per year (It's already 3600/year..2 speeding tickets, nothing else)

Then I got a quote on a GTP, which is league's faster than my 00 Jetta I was driving, and you know what? It went donw $900/year! FUCK YEAH! Then not to mention that not many dealers had a 5spd, 1.8t passat w/out a ton of miles nor an A4 in my price range.

So I bought this 01 GTP w/ 51k on it, traded my car in and actually came out with a few denero's in my pocket! Nothing beats getting a NEWER, FASTER, BIGGER car for less, meanwhile saving $900/year on INS.

So even if I need to do a few more maintence items or whatnot, it's all good.

I'm just worried about my tranny, but I want more boost, and ASAP.

Sure the interior is that great, but I love the exterior looks and it rides smooth, quiet, and room galore for what I need.

2 biggest complaints...rear seat doesnt completly fold down, and the tires just melt when I punch it. graemlins/grin2.gif

Hope to see you guys out there this summer!

Originally posted by BAM6I4:

Well thanks for all the great idea's and info, but what it really came down to was how much a dealer was willing to move and what my INS co said. I'm not sure what it is, but VW/Audis are FUCKING expensive to insure, so I was quoting around for a 1.8t and it was going to raise a few hundred per year (It's already 3600/year..2 speeding tickets, nothing else)

Then I got a quote on a GTP, which is league's faster than my 00 Jetta I was driving, and you know what? It went donw $900/year! FUCK YEAH! Then not to mention that not many dealers had a 5spd, 1.8t passat w/out a ton of miles nor an A4 in my price range.

So I bought this 01 GTP w/ 51k on it, traded my car in and actually came out with a few denero's in my pocket! Nothing beats getting a NEWER, FASTER, BIGGER car for less, meanwhile saving $900/year on INS.

So even if I need to do a few more maintence items or whatnot, it's all good.

I'm just worried about my tranny, but I want more boost, and ASAP.

Sure the interior is that great, but I love the exterior looks and it rides smooth, quiet, and room galore for what I need.

2 biggest complaints...rear seat doesnt completly fold down, and the tires just melt when I punch it. graemlins/grin2.gif

Hope to see you guys out there this summer!

Congrats,

I will respond to you PM when I am out of this meeting.