some Chevy motor questions

Devils Advocate

Are you talking performance v8's or the v8's they used in the 1500/Silverado or Tahoe. I'm not too sure about the HP ratings for the v8 trucks.

87-92 L98 (Camaro and TA) - 225 HP

93-97 LT1 ( Camaro and TA) - 265 HP

98-02 LS1 (Camaro and TA) - 300 HP

These are just averages at best. Some dyno more, some dyno less. The Vettes obviously have a more HP, but their HP varys in ratings. There are the LT4 and LS6 as well that was used in the Vette, but those vary in HP.

LT4 was also used in the 30th anniv camaro...

the 305's put down about 225 tq, but that's about it...

is this a trivia question or are you wanting to put it in something? if so, just get an LS1... they are fairly easy to work on and make great power.

Originally posted by Y0gi:

I feel like saving a second Gen RX-7, so I don't need anything more than about 250-275 to the wheels, even after mods. How cheaply can I find a complete LT1, and what are some good places to look besides EBAY?

AutoTrader is a good site. I used it to buy my car.

If I were you, I'd put out the money for the LS1. Not only does the LS1 look better, but performs better as well. I can look you up some if you want. Just let me know how much your willing to spend.

Originally posted by Mud Butt:

for reference, my mom's 00 t/a put down 28x hp and 299tq bone stock through an auto. Ive heard that this is actually on the low side for an ls-1

autos generally dyno well below m6's.

"The LS1 is rumored to have been made by the hands of God."

-True Story graemlins/nod.gif