Corvette Blue devil

Skinner

wow. thats badass.

problem is, every other supercar is built to be a supercar. this one is a corvette, that got turned into a supercar. if gm would make a unique supercar (a la ford gt) then i would understand a 100k plus price tag. but if i want a kickass vette, ill buy the zo6 and slap hairdryers on it.

Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

Forced induction on a vette > blue devil vette.

Supposedly the Blue Devil vette will be forcefully induced.

Originally written by Autoweek:

Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

the C6 coupe, Z06 and now this "Blue Devil" look far too much alike, i think GM should go back to the drawing board and quit being so original. :rolleyes:

Ummm, the Z06 does look significantly different than a standard C6.

This "Blue Devil" seen is probably nothing more than whatever motor they are develping slapped into a stock Z06.

That said, I HIGHLY doubt weight would get down to 2900 lbs w/ out some major sacrifices. The car is already 3100lbs (Z06) using some CF pieces, mag engine cradle, alum. frame. Dropping 200lbs while adding the weight of forced induction.....I doubt it.

I think it looks good and it does have subtle variations from the C6 Z06 I saw the other day, which also had subtle variations from a standard C6, which collectively, makes each pretty distinguishable. I would recognize a new Z06 pretty quick, where as before I would look at each C5 for the short window and brake scoops.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

That's a matter of opinion, and yours happens to be wrong.

You must be blind then. smile.gif

I said C6, not C5 vs. C5 Z06, which is simply a FRC w/ side vents and front fencing in the grilles w/ slightly bigger wheels (visually speaking of course).

The 06 Z06 looks different at all angles, IS A WIDER CAR (big difference), etc. I'll just quote from an article I read:

A wide front fascia with a large, forward-facing grille opening, a splitter along the bottom and “Gurney lips” along the sides to provide aerodynamic downforce

A cold air scoop in front of the hood that integrates an air inlet system for the engine

The trailing edge of the front wheel opening is radiused to achieve improved drag, but protects the body finish with a tough molding, and a larger air extractor is located behind the wheel

A fixed-roof bodystyle optimizes body rigidity and aerodynamics

Wider rear fenders with flares cover the massive rear tires and a brake cooling scoop in front of the wheels visually balances the fender extractor

A taller rear spoiler houses the CHMSL on the top of the rear fascia

10-spoke wheels

Four larger stainless steel exhaust outlets

New-design Z06 badging on the front fenders

BTW, those are all differences from that of the standard C6. Not mentioned are the noticably bigger brakes vs. even a Z51 car, another visual upgrade (opps, forgot, C5 Z06 got red calipers).

Of course it still looks like a Vette....IT IS A VETTE! It would be stupid to go too far from the original; hell, an EVO still looks like a Lancer. A WRX Sti still looks like a WRX. A Mustang Cobra still looks like a Mustang. The million 911 versions still look like 911 cars. That pretty much goes for most cars w/ an upper model.

Joe, I know, I was being facetious. Though, one could argue the meaning of "significantly different" - what's significant to you may not be to me. Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you, mostly because I agree with you.

I will never dash my feelings for the lovely Corvette, but I hope it doesn't go the Mustang route a'la 1999...where they had the base, GT, Cobra, Cobra R, Cobra GTS, Cobra Z06, Cobra What?

Vettes rock. I agree with DJ...who needs a $100,000 Blue Devil when the $70k Vette with $30k worth of options would decimate all?

...and when you start out with a solid platform, $30k can REALLY go a long way to cranking out serious performance from a vehicle.

Originally posted by Zeitgeist:

I will never dash my feelings for the lovely Corvette, but I hope it doesn't go the Mustang route a'la 1999...where they had the base, GT, Cobra, Cobra R, Cobra GTS, Cobra Z06, Cobra What?

Don't forget the Mach 1 and the S281 Saleen. I don't remember a Cobra Z06 or a GTS. They also had a GT-R which was a concept.

It doesn't really matter how you cut it, the new Z06 in either form is a beast period / end of story. Someone earlier posted only difference in C5 Z06 was =

* red brake calipers

* rear brake air vents

They forgot the LS 6 putting out 405 hp too with an aggressive suspension system. (I know because I own one). Corvette WILL NOT be mundane & anyone that thinks they should make serious changes to the models so you can distinguish between a C6, Z06, then Blue Devil / they're really not in the know are they????