Brake work... where are good places to go?

Guest 350ZNate

Guest 350ZNate

Hey guys,

MY truck, a 1994 Ford Ranger POS needs brake work bad. Luckily.. my 350Z driving dad said he'd pay for it... haha, yea.. the Z isnt mine. Oh well.

Can anyone suggest some good places to have brake work done around Hilliard? I'd really appreciate your suggestions for someplace cheap and reliable with good service. Thanks in advance.

xnatex

Just don't fall for that $600 bullshit like alot of people. Don't laugh to hard I can name 3 or 4 people right now that have fell for it.

besides why not just do it yourself. replacing brakes is one of the easiest do it yourself jobs.

Evan

Originally posted by Tractor:

Just don't fall for that $600 bullshit like alot of people. Don't laugh to hard I can name 3 or 4 people right now that have fell for it.

besides why not just do it yourself. replacing brakes is one of the easiest do it yourself jobs.

Evan

+1

do it yourself man. If you are doing pads and rotors, it can't get much easier.

Guest 350ZNate

Lol.. I'm not great by myself with my chilton guide.. I can do basic maitinence, but Brakes scare me a little bit.. anyone wanna come over and help? lol.

xnatex

Ummm, why do you have your dad's car listen as yours?? Hell, I might as well list all the cars at my house (and I've driven all of them), as the list is pretty nice.

Seriously, do the brakes yourself. Basic hand tools, a C-clamp, and a jack/jack stand. Pads/rotors are NOT hard to do. Drums can be more tricky; I can understand having someone do those for you if you have very little automotive experience.

Joe, didn't you drive a new Viper??? Guess that's yours as well. Maybe it was someone else who posted a review about it. I dunno.

Oh, and I did have something meanful to add, nate message me on instant messenger, I can check out the brake for you- I even have the proper tools :D

-Thanks again Murgan!

der....aol name is mjeosu27

Originally posted by MJ:

Joe, didn't you drive a new Viper??? Guess that's yours as well. Maybe it was someone else who posted a review about it. I dunno.

Wasn't me....though I'd be MORE than happy to do a review on a new Viper, or an older one. Color, body style, etc. doesn't matter....I like Vipers. :D But sure, I own one of those too. ;)

Guest 350ZNate

Fuckin truck.

I took it over to Grismer Tire today (They have done excellent service for our family for a while). Well.. turns out that my left front brake assembly was shot. The calliper was down to metal on metal, scraping on the rotor.. and apparently the lines were starting to crack (yes, I saw this myself). The other side just needed pads replaced, but since everything has to be done in pairs.. ugh.

Oh.. and thats not the best part...

Fuckin drum brakes in the back (right side) were screwed horribly. Leaking grease all over the assembly and stuff like that. GRR. Dumb Ford POS.

Oh well.

thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

xnatex

Originally posted by 350ZNate:

Fuckin truck.

I took it over to Grismer Tire today (They have done excellent service for our family for a while). Well.. turns out that my left front brake assembly was shot. The calliper was down to metal on metal, scraping on the rotor.. and apparently the lines were starting to crack (yes, I saw this myself). The other side just needed pads replaced, but since everything has to be done in pairs.. ugh.

Oh.. and thats not the best part...

Fuckin drum brakes in the back (right side) were screwed horribly. Leaking grease all over the assembly and stuff like that. GRR. Dumb Ford POS.

Oh well.

thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

xnatex

Sounds like bad wheel cylinders a common problem in drum brakes. Time to learn how to do brakes with that chiltons manual. smile.gif