break in....

DeathSandwich

ok.. joined an R6 forum and i searched for break-in stuff... most people said something along the lines of "break it in like you plan to ride it".... and someone posted this article (THE ARTICLE IS VERY INTERESTING AND EXPLAINS THE WHOLE CONCEPT QUITE WELL)

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

.. makes sense to me. your thoughts/experiences/opinions??

[ 19. May 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: 94whitegsr ]

BTW.. breakin occurs within the first few miles you run it. So DONT run it unless you plan to ride it to break it in (ride hard) Also, if this is your first bike, it'll definately be more than you can handle when it starts getting in the powerband. Unless you have a very (VERY) trustworthy friend you'd trust to break it in for you, I'd have it broken in on a dyno for best results.

Note, this is if you want the best break in. You can baby it if you want. All you'll loose is a little power and maybe some long term reliability.

creative custom choppers in delaware has one too i belive. i just got my bike back from them the other day. they are good guys up there.

i forget their number though... i got it written down somewhere. you could probably look it up on yahoo phonebook or google or something though.

CREATIVE CUSTOM CYCLES INC

DELAWARE, OH 43015

Phone: (740) 362-0694

(no address given)

Maximum Street Performance LLC

1697 Hebron Rd

Heath, OH

740-788-9212

(the place vince posted earlier)

*edit*

Dynotune

Columbus, OH

(614) 778-8984

i'll probably be giving all places a call tomorrow(would also like mike at extreem's phone #)

[ 20. May 2005, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: 94whitegsr ]