First track day

DrEvil3264

Well guys, yesterday was my first track day at mid ohio with the people from sportbiketracktime. Deff the most fun ive ever had on a motorcycle. I highly recommend any one with a sport bike to try it out. Nothing on the street compares to the adrenalin rush u get dragging ur knee at triple digit speeds lol. If you guys are interested go to www.sportbiketracktime.com, ill deff be back in the fall, now all i need to do is buy some of my own leathers and save up for a track bike....

yeah, it was so much fun that it made street riding really boring now..., unless deals gap is in my back yard ill never really get the rush i did at the track. Deff take the novice course though if its ur first, i ride on the street A LOT and i still wouldint want to be thrown in right away with the intermediate track riders without at least a few sessions around the track. But really all you need is one day of novice instruction and u should be ready for intermediate as long as your an avid twisty rider. Oh and about the passenger pic, they have a special 15 minute two up session right after lunch, you cant ride with a passenger in the normal sessions.

yea, novice for sure. did you get some classroom time? i'm pretty avid in the twisties, started draggin knees about 3 months after i got the bike and have had trouble with draggin my toe sliders. i need to get on the track so i stop riskin my ass on the street.

yeah we got 20 minutes of classroom time and 20 minutes of track time every hour for about 7 hours. Yeah i had never dragged my knees on the street, just lack of good twisty roads, but had no problem on the track. Dragging the toes, after that one day for some reason my right toe was dragging when id drag my right knee, but my left wouldint hit that much. So now my right boot's toe slider is worn down to nothing and it started wearing into the boot, so theres basically a hole there lol. But yeah ill deff be back, and in the intermediate group, by the end of the day me and 2 other riders were lapping everyone like 4 times almost every session, so we caught on pretty quick.

I can find plenty of roads to drag knees on around here, but I wouldnt exactly say its safe to do it.

Either move your feet up more so your toes arent so close to the ground or get some rearsets before you get launched off that thing.. eek.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

I can find plenty of roads to drag knees on around here, but I wouldnt exactly say its safe to do it.

Either move your feet up more so your toes arent so close to the ground or get some rearsets before you get launched off that thing.. eek. [/Q

Which roads are those? Cuz i can never find ne good twisties around here...

Onramps for starters.

270 heading west to 315 south entrance.. left sweeper.. ive gotten to 144mph around that turn.

33 headed north past the zoo there are a couple nice turns that can be pushed fast.

My favorite is heading up 4th street downtown, onto 670 then on to 71North. Quickest Ive ridden that beauty was 96.

Hell if Ide put my knee out though. I keep it tucked it to keep it off the pavement.

leaning over at that speed is a lil too much for me on the street. i have no problem draggin on the street if i'm goin 70-80mph, but i couldnt imagine draggin 'em at 130+(especially since the sv doesnt even go that fast)

looks good. i'd say you still need to rotate more around the tank and get lower. try to almost set your chest on the tank and put you chin almost on the back of your hand. overall looks very good for your first day. just try to get a lil more weight lower and towards the front.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/gettindown.jpg

a lower more forward style, how i like to ride

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/lefthander.jpg

more like how you seem to be comfortable, try to get here next time.

and these are of my buddy Jarel, an SV nut. this is where i'm trying to get to.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/jarel.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/jarel2.jpg

i know how ya feel. i'm 6'2" on an SV. just takes some riding and mentally thinking about putting this here and that there. It's nice to be able to find a twisty road to practice body positioning on without having to worry about racing lines and a bunch of other people flying by.