where is a good place to look for older bikes?

Buckeye1647545503

I am intertaining the idea of a bike, since I am tired of not haveing a toy and I like the ease of customizing of them. A guy I met has a late 70's Kal kz1000 and I love the lines of the bike and think that is what I want since I am big and would look funny on a plastic bike.

So where is a good place to look for such a bike and also any other bikes of that time frame(70's to mid 80's) look close to that and have 1000 cc or more as I weigh 320 and want to be able to get out of cars way if needed.

Guest xxxyyyzzz

The Rice Paddy has an old GS1100 Suzuki right now. I didn't look it over, so no idea what mileage it has on it. They also still have an old '84 GPZ900R. Once you get past the appearance of the place (warehouse compound right downtown by the fairgrounds, looks shady) it's actually pretty cool. They're a friendly group of guys that dismantle old 70's and 80's Japanese bikes and occasionally buy and sell them. Here's their horribly outdated website: www.ricepaddymotorcycles.com

If a KZ1000 is what you want I know a guy... His has GSXR suspension on it and a pretty wicked motor. If I'd had the cash I'd have bought it. If you're interested I'll see if he's still selling it.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a $1500 KZ/GS I'd follow Republicant's suggestion and look in the Cycle Trader.