help on integra boosting power!

Guest nixon

For my integra what do you guys think i should do supercharge or turbocharge? I have money for either just It's going to be a daily driver but I want power. Also anyone help or put my super or turbo on for me? Anyone know how much it's going to cost for install?

The best supercharger for a honda/acura is the vortech but for that kit you are looking around 4 grand plus install, which you could do yourself. I personally like turbos a lot more on 4 cylinders. You can go with either like a custom 14b cheap turbo setup, a greddy or drag kit, or build your own custom setup. I personally am going with a custom t3/t4 setup just waiting for the turbo to get off backorder to finish the install. What model is the car?

I'm no Honda expert but from everyone i've talked to the best way to go is build an all motor car it will be much more reliable and probably a much better bang for the buck. Turbo charging a car is not cheap because you must have the supporting mods or the turbo will never reach it's full potential. Just my opinion.

I would and did go turbo on my car. All-motor is expensive for any serious power,and after building the motor you would still be lucky to make the same amount of power as a bolt-on turbo kit. Supercharger's cost more than most turbo kits, for less power. Honda's LOVE turbos. I recommend a Drag III kit for simplicity, it doesn't have all of the best components (deltagates suck) but it is a much better buy than the Greddy kit (not sure if there kit is out for your motor anyway, although you could modify the GSR kit to fit). Check out ImportParts.com they are probably running a special on the kit. If you can't install it yourself, I would be more than happy to do it (for a fee of course ;) ) I hope that helps.

Originally posted by RedLudeSH:

I know someone selling a BIG Vortech Supercharger off a Type R it should work for your car not sure thou both B18 you'd have to look it up thou. It was on for a week and I'm betting he'd let it go cheap had it sitting around for a year.

No it won't work, the heads are different and the bolt pattern on the intake mannifolds are WAY different.

Originally posted by FST94TSI:

I'm no Honda expert but from everyone i've talked to the best way to go is build an all motor car it will be much more reliable and probably a much better bang for the buck. Turbo charging a car is not cheap because you must have the supporting mods or the turbo will never reach it's full potential. Just my opinion.

You drive a turboed car, you should know the advantages of forced induction over n/a, what kinda chebba have you been smoking, seriously? :confused:

And if you know what your doing, it isn't that hard, or needs that many extra parts to make hondas work well with boost from what I've seen. A few one way valves, rrfmu, fuel pump and afpr along with of course turbo, pipes, vacume lines, and oil lines, and ic if you chose. You could throw an safc in there for good measure too.

Guest badmuthrfkr
Originally posted by 98GSR-T:

I went with the Drag kit no real problems yet. I was real happy with the power I got. Any questions just ask.

Can you beat an '01 Cobra?

smile.gif

If you don't want to mess with check valves or the missing link you can get a safc. You hook it up the exact way the directions say then on your hi and low settings you put it between -35% and -40%. This way it drops the volt enough so that when you run boost the ecu will see it at regular volt and still will run just like normal. It will dump fuel in at wot, but for this to work you will need at least some 450 injectors and it is recommended to get an upgraded pump. That way you have more fuel being dumped in to compensate for the turbo.

Originally posted by Tinman:

The great thing about Hondas is their very stout bottom end they can handle small amounts of boost in stock form without sneezing

'Stout' and 'honda bottom end' should never be used in the same sentence.

I agree with bigflabbyjesus about the rest though, drag gen III turbo kit's own, I did one on an inegra a while back, they take SOME fabrication to work, but make big power. Get injectors for sure though...

The AFC hack you are referring to is the old way. That is where they connected the tps and map sensor together to confuse the ecu. But the problem with that setup is there is harsh switch over points. With the new setup where you hook it up exactly like the directions say and just set the low and high settings around -40% it is smooth all the way through. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901&page=1 if you read all the way through that post it gives a lot of good explainations. Many people at first were confused about hooking it up but I think it is on the 2nd page where he tells you that you hook it up exactly like the apex directions say.

Originally posted by Hua:

Can you beat an '01 Cobra?

smile.gif

Well the way I had it set up, when we did race, it was close but he had me. That was with no

injectors and the last race (NO BOOST CONTROLLER :eek: )I was only on 6lbs.

RL did a good job on my turbo. Now I have to spen d more money on injectors, dyno time, and I think its time to rebuild the bottom end.

Turboed Hondas are fun, however how much money and time you have the faster you will go.

Well the way I had it set up, when we did race, it was close but he had me. That was with no

injectors and the last race (NO BOOST CONTROLLER :eek: )I was only on 6lbs.

RL did a good job on my turbo. Now I have to spen d more money on injectors, dyno time, and I think its time to rebuild the bottom end.

Turboed Hondas are fun, however how much money and time you have the faster you will go.

Godzilla sleeve time! :D Get in touch with me if/when you wanna do it. Imagine what fun 15+ PSI and 300+whp would be :D

Guest badmuthrfkr

Well the way I had it set up, when we did race, it was close but he had me.

"You almost had me? You never had me, and you never had your car!"

smile.gif

Originally posted by rl:

Godzilla sleeve time! :D Get in touch with me if/when you wanna do it. Imagine what fun 15+ PSI and 300+whp would be :D

15psi on that setup with fuel will be wayyyy more than 300whp.

Dacks, what did you hit that one really hot day out at speeds, couldn't remember?

Man I think it was around 240. First time on dyno 90 degree day. That was without VAFC, FPR, and the JR Inatake. The car couldnt get any fuel, and was on 6psi.

Man, I am sorry I am really bad with names on here who are you?

Originally posted by Blah:

15psi on that setup with fuel will be wayyyy more than 300whp.

Dacks, what did you hit that one really hot day out at speeds, couldn't remember?

I'd say about 320whp. ~10hp/1lb boost

Man I think it was around 240. First time on dyno 90 degree day. That was without VAFC, FPR, and the JR Inatake. The car couldnt get any fuel, and was on 6psi.

Man, I am sorry I am really bad with names on here who are you?

It's cool, I've got a really good memory. It's not like I've been around much latley anyways because I'm up at school. I was the one (other than rigsby) helping brian and his dad that day, red 1g dsm, you gave me a ride out at marcus too when thoes high school chicks wanted a ride, Jesse.