anyone know much about street bikes??

88lx5oh

im rebuilding a 91 ninja 500. well not rebuilding the motor, but it was wrecked, and im puttin new plastics ans shit on it. but i would like to know some little tricks to have it run like a 600. i bought a smaller front sprocket for it for a little more torque. and im going to be purchasing a muzzy full exhaust. anyone know anythign i should do?? anythign will help. thanx. also does anyone know if its ok to use aircraft remover ( or whatever its called. maybe naval jelly, or airplane remover... the gel you brush on metal to remove paint) on cast aluminum wheels... i want to polish them along wiht the frame and swing arm and stuff. o yeah and if anyone has any suggestion to trick the bike out a litle bit feel free to post something. yeah i might be a little lame to do all this to a 91 ninja, but hey got the bike for $65 and a cigarette :D soo hey its a winter project

Guest turbojc

You are not going to gain much by going with a hole exaust system. The stock header flows preaty well. A slip on aftermark mufler is in order, the stocker is where your restiction is.

Some one else mentioned a jet kit, you'll nead this to. The exaust will lean you out, along with

some bigger Kehin carbs. :D The air box is restritive, fix: cord-less drill, high flow air filter. Talk to Ross at Iron Pony, he'll hook you up, lell him josh said he's a tool.