Know Much about Vans?

Guest RedsHotCavyGirl

Guest RedsHotCavyGirl
Well my mom is tryin to sell our van and it won't start the first time.. We can usually get it to start by the 3rd or 4th time but thats no good when you're tryin to show it to someone. When you turn the ignition it clicks a couple times but wont start... Mom seems to think it has something to do with the alarm system... I have no clue. She said she'd pay whoever can fix it. Got any ideas?

Yup, sounds like the bendix in your starter is f'd up, it engages and throws the starter gear out onto the flywheel, if you have to keep turning the key back and forth to get it to even turn over you probably have a bad starter. Shouldn't be too aweful bad to repair, what kinda van?

Guest RedsHotCavyGirl
I told mom about it being the starter, she said that they just put a new starter in it... I dunno.. she said shed pay whoever thinks they can fix it... Also said that if she puts it a lil out of gear that it usually starts up the first time... :confused:

Originally posted by Debi:

I told mom about it being the starter, she said that they just put a new starter in it... I dunno.. she said shed pay whoever thinks they can fix it... Also said that if she puts it a lil out of gear that it usually starts up the first time... :confused:

If you half to wiggle or jiggle the shifter for it to start it might be the nuetral/park safty switch.

(if it's an auto)