Bumper covers

JaSSon

I would like to get the Cobra R look on my car. I think that air splitter looks bad-ass. I have decided to go with a one piece front end, rather than ordering just the air splitter from Steeda.

Cervinis has one like i am looking for for $399 it can be found here: https://www.cervinis.com/welcome.html

ABC exclusive has one for $289.95. It can be found here: http://www.abcexclusive.com/99.htm

Are these the same covers? Think the ABC cover is made cheaper?

i was looking at the ABC piece as well to fix my damaged front bumper cover. haven't heard too much about them though, which worries me, as body panel quality can be hit or miss from some companies...

as far as the cervinis piece, i've heard nothing but rave reviews about their parts. you're prolly safe going with their cover. they have reviews on some of their mustang parts over on stangnet.com if you're interested...

if you find out anything on the ABC piece, let me know, i'm interested in the conversion too... ;)

Originally posted by Nevarmore:

$400 for a 'look'??

Why not $400 for real performance?

400 bucks for a few hundred pounds of downforce on the front of the car, and zero front end lift over 100 mph...

sounds useful to me. it's fully functional... tongue.gif

Functional and sexy as hell.

I posted this same thing on stangnet, all i got was a "you get what you pay for." However, i have learned that this is not true in all instances.

Cervini's would be my place of choice. I've heard nothing but good stuff. I enjoyed the 95 Stang Summit built with the Stalker kit, looked really nice, but more important was that NOVI 2000 on that SICK MOTOR! BTW anyone have an article on that car? Summit built 95 Mustang convertable?

Just be warned, with that bumper cover on a *lowered* stang you're asking for trouble. You must be VERY careful when driving. I've now seen 3 or 4 people that have taken big chunks out of that front lip on curbs and other road hazards. Just a warning.

Originally posted by Unleashed:

Just be warned, with that bumper cover on a *lowered* stang you're asking for trouble. You must be VERY careful when driving. I've now seen 3 or 4 people that have taken big chunks out of that front lip on curbs and other road hazards. Just a warning.

isn't 5.0 magazine's 3G project car on it's 3rd or 4th cover..?

The cervini says it sits 4 inches off the ground, so yeah, i see issues there, subtract 1.25"-1.5" and def a problem. I guess i should start practicing parking away from curbs now. But also, it's urathane(sp?) and not fiberglass, so that is a big plus.

but tell me that wouldn't look bad ass 2.5" off the ground. It just says: :mad:

Originally posted by FourPointSix:

but tell me that wouldn't look bad ass 2.5" off the ground. It just says: :mad:

do it! :D

i haven't heard of too many people running them into curbs, but i have heard of people stepping on the lower lip as they walk around the front of the car... :eek:

The bumper cover is $359, and the splitter is $479 :eek: Both are needed for the effect that i want. This is why i am looking for a one piece front end. smile.gif I would prefer genuine ford parts like the jeg's pieces, but they are just too expensive.

Originally posted by FourPointSix:

I would prefer genuine ford parts like the jeg's pieces, but they are just too expensive.

i'd bet cervinis parts are as good as OEM ford parts... ;)

find out anything about ABC yet..?

Guest nevarmore

have you called around to Ford or the junque yards? you want one 'just like Ford' so why not buy one that IS Ford?

trying to help any way i can.

Originally posted by Nevarmore:

have you called around to Ford or the junque yards? you want one 'just like Ford' so why not buy one that IS Ford?

trying to help any way i can.

they only put them on 2000 cobra R models...

if i remember correcly, they built 300... tongue.gif

and VERY few of them are even driven... :(

Serious guys, again that bumper hangs too low. Badass looking? Yes. Practical for a *daily* driver? Hell no! For it to look good, the car really needs to be dropped some. Any puddle of water or a little snow and Rip there goes $700.

Serious guys, again that bumper hangs too low. Badass looking? Yes. Practical for a *daily* driver? Hell no! For it to look good, the car really needs to be dropped some. Any puddle of water or a little snow and Rip there goes $700.

maybe look into the roush front ends. those look pretty aggressive, and i don't think they sit as low. saleen covers look mean as hell on our cars, but they're very expensive. the roush piece just bolts to your original front bumper and it's like 200 bucks... ;)

Urethane definately better than 'glass. But, still asking for trouble with that frt end on a daily. Had a guy bring Cobra R into the shop from Ricart a couple of weeks ago. I almost stepped on that splitter myself! Just remember that the front end of your car gets the most abuse from the daily grind. You need to think about more than parking curbs with that thing on the front end. You need to think about steep driveways, speed bumps, frost heaves on our lovely highways, and also the servicability of the car. Lowering a car can make simple things like alignments and oil changes tough anyway, but did you think about how anyone will get the car onto an alignment rack when the front bumper is only 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches off the ground?! NOT :cool:

Brian, i get what you're saying, but i am tired of how high the front end is. If it gets damaged, I will still have the factory piece to fall back on, and a lesson learned.

I PMed a guy on stangnet with the cervini piece. he said he could fit a coke can under the lip. so that is a good 5 inches clearance. More than enough for daily driving. He also said it is extremely durable, survived the ocassional scrapes and bumps, until he ran into a car. I emailed ABC, it is enclosed below.

Hello,

I drive a 2000 Mustang GT convertable and I am intrested in purchasing a Cobra R front end for my vehicle. Due to costs, i am going to go with a

one piece front bumper cover. I currently have my selections narrowed down to Cervini's FBC, and ABCExclusive.com's FBC. Could you possibily tell me any differences in craftsmanship, and tell me why i should go with the ABCexclusive piece? Could you also explain the difference in price?

Thank you,

Jason

---Reply---

It seems that the product is identical, same factory look, same urethane material. ABC Exclusive is well known to manufacture quality products and provide fast quality service.

One of the main reason that we are selling our products at lower prices is because we sell our products strictly direct to the customers, no

distributors or dealers. So we do not have to have to high retail price in order to give the usual discount of about 30% to dealers.

This business concept is not good for dealers/distributors but good for the

consumer. We feel that we can reach our customers by ourselves by advertising, giving

satisfaction to our customers who will recommend more customers to us. In other words we sell to the public at wholesale prices.