Best digital camera for around $300?

kenny

get a sony...Mine is down to about $350 now. (You've used it and seen pics from it, although those pics were not taken on the highest resolution setting). Plus add about $100 to the price of the camara so you can get a 128MB card.

Originally posted by Slow L36:

get a sony...Mine is down to about $350 now. (You've used it and seen pics from it, although those pics were not taken on the highest resolution setting). Plus add about $100 to the price of the camara so you can get a 128MB card.

screw that.. get something with more standard memory that is a lot cheaper.

Also, optical zoom > digital zoom.

yea i know optical zoom > digital zoom. no question. I have a 3x optical zoom which is fine for everything I use it for. If you want a camara with more optical zoom you are most likely going to give up "pocketability." Mine is also just a little bigger than a cell phone and fits in a pocket easily so you're not pissed off about lugging it around all the time. My model also has a MPEG video feature with sound. not great quality, but ok and it's nice to have if I want.

If you want something with more standard memory GOOD LUCK. If you can find anything with more than 16MB standard then I'd be suprised. If they give you more memory it's probably because the camara sucks.

unless your an apple lunitick. I wouldnt suggest sony. Any camera will give you a good picture as long as the mega pixels are high. I would suggest around a 3-4mp. Anyways if you were looking for something really nice Canon has the best picture quality if you are looking for a name. Call up cord camera talk to ben or matt and they'll tell ya whatcha need.