'90 accord 2door lx help

Guest 90accordman

Guest 90accordman
I have a '90 2 door accord LX and would like to replace the engine. I have grown up replacing same type engines but never put an engine in that was not the same. I would like to put a newer and more powerful engine in. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can put in it?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 90accordman:

I have a '90 2 door accord LX and would like to replace the engine. I have grown up replacing same type engines but never put an engine in that was not the same. I would like to put a newer and more powerful engine in. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can put in it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the F22 you have in it now it's not amazing, but OK. A newer more powerful engine would be the H22A, which is a 2.2 liter DOHC VTEC motor out of the prelude. The US versions come round 195 horsepower give or take, not bad and can pick them up used from 2,500$ to around 3,500$. That's with your transmission and ECU. Also another motor of choice to drop into the 4th generation accords are the H23 which is a 2.3 liter DOHC non-VTEC motor that will pt out around 170HP (all flywheel ratings of course). You could step up another notch and go with the full JDM japanese spec prelude SiR motor the H22A VETC, that'll kick out I think around 210 or so horsepower. I think these motors are actually a cable transmission and the ECU's are different, but I heard the motors scream. Talk to Berto (Accordood) or me, I can't say i am very interested anymore, but at one time I was, so I know a few things. MOST of these motors are direct fit in, but install kits with motor mounts and what not are needed. So if ya got anymore questions ask the import guys, I guess I am one of em' :D Peace-S

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buck531:

Would a 3.0 V-tec fit in one? Just out of curiosity.. I know they put out 200 hp.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the CRV engine? Would it fit?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GT3 Master:

Check out Hybrid Honda. It is a very good place to get info. Hope this helps. Very very good site, go check it out if you want to do any honda swap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I was just looking into civic swaps when I was (maybe some day still) and it seems that they only have Civics, but you still might be able to find some stuff there, such as general info on all honda engines, maybe links to some sites with accord stuff on it.

[ 15 February 2002: Message edited by: GT3 Master ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kaptain CrackFiend:

3.0V V6..isn't that the Accord engine

with Vtec on the exhaust cam only ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'm pretty sure it's 2.2L. It might be a 2.3 at the most.

The 3.0 V6 VETC motor in the 5th generation accords more than likely WOULDNOT fit in, plus they're not amazing for aftermarket goodies and makin a lot of power. The H22 for the 4th generation accords is perfect. Preludes/Accords, were very similar. AN H22 is a very well fitting motor, that will give power and also BUNCHES of aftermarket goodies. ZC is a 1.8 from an older integra, plus the car came stock with the F22 2.2 SOHC non-Vtec. An LS motor would be OK, but still too small for that car.

wow i didn't realize thise was here! sweeet

the 3.0 V6 came out in the 5th gen accord first and has continued into the new generation, its alright but ur more lickly to like the h22 more. plus dunno if the v6 fits, and it also only comes with an auto tranny. h23 is my recommendation if ur going to turbo ur car, if ur just going to go for engine power a h22a engine will give it to you. www.accordclub.com/store has a great price i've been pondering the swap also they ahve a good reputation comes with nearly everything. and its 2300 dollars for a manual tranny(more expensive one) its a great deal. and if u reffer me(not scott :-D) i get 50 bux! to help a brotha out. anyways, come out to one of the meets and i'll give you more info, this is all pretty basic. good site is www.h22a.org

Guest 90accordman

Cool. Thanks for the help. accorddood, I might be able to come out Friday night, I know that nocab72 will be going and he said that I should come. I like to talk to you about my car and stuff, and see what I can do somewhat inexpensively for the time being.

[ 19 February 2002: Message edited by: 90accordman ]