Getting rear end gears installed?

1Quik7

Rear gears do not require the tranny to come out I don't think. I'm not an RX7 expert but I know I did not need the tranny out when I had mine done.

I got mine done and installed for $200 some guy did it on the side. I'm not sure if he knows how to do 7's or not. I could ask let me know smile.gif

Also I have 410's and if you plan on driving your car on the street 4.77 is hella high and you'll get worse gas mileage and rev higher in the rpm range. Low end will be amazing though ;)

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: MR. EARS ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR. EARS:

Rear gears do not require the tranny to come out I don't think. I'm not an RX7 expert but I know I did not need the tranny out when I had mine done.

I got mine done and installed for $200 some guy did it on the side. I'm not sure if he knows how to do 7's or not. I could ask let me know smile.gif

Also I have 410's and if you plan on driving your car on the street 4.77 is hella high and you'll get worse gas mileage and rev higher in the rpm range. Low end will be amazing though ;)

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: MR. EARS ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tommy, thanks for that reply, yeah I know that I'll be revving high...my stock gear is a 4.10 and while I do like it,I could use some more low end punch. With the 4.77 gear I would be limited to a 155 top speed...but I think that's a little faster than I usually drive :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bottlefed Windsor:

Depending upon if your old axle bearings and such are worn or not, you may need an install kit to go along with the price of installation. You can buy the installation kit at jegs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...really? How much does this kit cost?

I don't think it should be a problem, my car only has 42k miles on it...and she's been babied smile.gif

You almost must replace the bearings whne doing an gear swap.

Let me put it this way mine waso nly 90 for the whole kit. Would you rahter spend a extra 90 now or risk it have it go out and maybe have to buy another set of gears and pay for another install? ;)

IMO you SHOULD do it smile.gif