Fuel pump needed 600 rwhp.

DTM Brian

I already have 42 pound injectors to replace my 36#'s For my combo, 36's are good for 540 rwhp and the 42's are good for 620 rwhp. I am shooting for 600 rwhp and 670 torque. How much of a fuel pump do I need for this? With a new intake and 13 psi. I should be there.

Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

I already have 42 pound injectors to replace my 36#'s For my combo, 36's are good for 540 rwhp and the 42's are good for 620 rwhp. I am shooting for 600 rwhp and 670 torque. How much of a fuel pump do I need for this? With a new intake and 13 psi. I should be there.

Get a 255 in-tank HI PRESSURE walbo pump, and a T-rex in-line. You do realize that you are going to be pushing the limits of the stock rails/lines right?

what did you do with the 36# injectors?

I wouldn't want to exceed 80% duty cycle if those are top feed injectors. I don't want to make any suggestions on a possible setup b/c I realy don't know that much about it, but maybe you should head over to RC Engineering where you can calculate the proper fuel injector size for your desired horsepower. I also agree with RL and recommend upgrading your fuel lines if you are still using the stockers.If you don't upgrade it'll be lock trying to put a square peg through a round hole! I'm sure someone on here will know exactly what size lines you should go with.

definately, I too would suggest larger lines. I took the stockers out and damn... what a fangled pos. poor bends (crushed), some 90deg turns, etc.

Also, you're right on with the 80% duty cycle in a forced induction application.

I know the cheapest upgrade for your fuel rails is going to be 94-95 style rails. Much bigger than your stock (if you still have stock) fox rails. I am not too sure about a fuel line upgrade you may not need it.

Tom

[ 31 July 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Stallion Motorsports ]

Originally posted by Stallion Motorsports:

I know the cheapest upgrade for your fuel rails is going to be 94-95 style rails. Much bigger than your stock (if you still have stock) fox rails. I am not too sure about a fuel line upgrade you may not need it.

Tom

Your right, you MAY not need it. High enough fuel pressure may be able to force enough volume through the stock lines.

Still if I had any real money it the motor itself I would want to be sure. Guess he could always throw it on the dyno and watch the A/F :D:D:cool: