lb to hp net gain from trimming weight?

Bad

The thumbrule I use is 7lbs == 1hp.

Dropping 7lbs equates to adding 1hp.

I say dropping 38 lbs is equivalent to 5.4hp a gain. Have you tried this in CarTest2000 yet? ie drop off 70lbs one car and add 10hp to another, assuming identical cars see if it yeilds eq performance. or 700lbs / 100hp, etc then adjust until they are equal, that should give you a good estimate!

K

CarTest 2000 is an automobile maximum acceleration computer simulation. The program uses the specifications for an automobile to mathematically accelerate the car from a standing or rolling start until maximum speed is reached. The simulation is time-based and event-driven. That is, the acceleration times are not explicitly calculated but, rather, time progresses at small increments and the usual events that take place during acceleration: clutch dump, wheelspin, shifting, etc. happen in proper course. The acceleration times are arbitrary milestones that are reached during the car's response to these events.

http://www.cartest2000.com

k

Originally posted by The TSi U Fear:

Anybody have the Full Version?

For evaluation purposes only of course

K and I both bought it. It's only $35 and the author gets all the proceeds. Check out his website at www.cartest2000.com

[ 26 August 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Badog (one eyed) ]