running like crap

Murse

ive got a 1990 crx si w/ a 1.6L. it started friday on my way to school, driving and all of a sudden it starts acting like its out of gas (jerking and stuff) but ive got a 1/2 tank. so i thought it was just a fluke. well i keep going and its still doing it than it does it real bad and sets the check engine lite on. well i get to school and it wont rev over 3000 rpm. after school i go to leave and its fine ...till about mabye 5 min. later while im driving its now doing it again. get home and leave it running and its doing it real bad where its idle is fluctuating alot. i ttow it to work (i work at procare canal) and we looked at it today. well.. ecu is susposed to blink a code and its just staying lit. the computer is saying that it might be going into a back-up system and to reset it, well to do that either pulling the flasher fuse for 10 sec or diconnecting the battery for some time. well both didnt work. one tech said it could be the motor thing (i forget the name of it) on the back of the intake manifold that could be the problem. we pulled it off and one of the screens was dirty with carbon so i cleaned it off. now for the ecu the led comes on as soon as the check engine light does and is not flashing any codes. but code 0 is a "faulty ecu" code and i dont know if that the light being on is code 0. we also checked the coolant temp sensor and that wasnt the problem. if anyone can give me any info to help that would be greatly apperatiated and does anyone know if honda east will work on this. thanks