roby chevrolet

eds72grabber

i have been having problems with the clear coat peeling on the wheels of my 04 silverado,so I drive to roby chevrolet since they are close to my house and i walk into their service department and speak to a service writer about my wheels and she said that it was under warranty,but since i didn't buy the truck from them they will not do anything for me and told me to take it to the dealer i purchased the truck from and have them fix it.I always thought that if your vehicle was still under warranty that you should be able to take it to any dealership and get your vehicle fixed.I guess this don't apply to roby chevrolet.anyone else had problems with them before?

You can take your truck to ANY Chevrolet dealership for the warranty work. I'd have crucified the service writer in a heartbeat.

I'd speak to the Service manager immediately. If he is of no help, call the GM Customer Assistance Center's 800 number. They'll straighten it out for you.

I was a GM (Saturn) Service Manager and Warranty Administrator for 8 years.

Service departments at dealerships don't make dick for profit on warranty work, and prefer your uninformed consumer to make their money.

As a GM dealership, they are required to do authorized warranty work on your GM vehicle. You could take your Silverado to a Hummer dealership if you so desire.

Mike nailed it right. Go back and do what he recommended. If they still suck, call the hotline. I did it in a similar situation for my Firebird and the dealership accepted it and did warranty work on it (with the supercharger, it wasn't a related issue).

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by Aggressor:

Service departments at dealerships don't make dick for profit on warranty work, and prefer your uninformed consumer to make their money.

As a GM dealership, they are required to do authorized warranty work on your GM vehicle. You could take your Silverado to a Hummer dealership if you so desire.

Mike nailed it right. Go back and do what he recommended. If they still suck, call the hotline. I did it in a similar situation for my Firebird and the dealership accepted it and did warranty work on it (with the supercharger, it wasn't a related issue).

GM pays dealerships not far from what customers nonwarranty work would be, its not really that bad. Techs dont always get the hours they want though, only what GM says the work is worth. Plus there is no "diagnosis fee" for warranty.

At least when its slow you know warranty work cant be declined.

FWIW GM dealerships have the approval to do safety warranty issues for all GM makes, but not cosmetic repairs, technically we have been told that we need the zone reps approval.

But chevy is chevy, they should not have turned you down.

thanks for the info everyone,i called another dealership in belfountine(excuse my spelling)called steve austin chevrolet and their service writer said that they will take a look at my wheels and do what ever they can for me.so i'll wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

The answers you've recieved from everyone are correct. My question (cause I'm curious) is:

1) what dealer did you buy the unit from?

2) why didn't you just take it back to that dealer you purchased it from to begin with?

Originally posted by Kohones:

The answers you've recieved from everyone are correct. My question (cause I'm curious) is:

1) what dealer did you buy the unit from?

2) why didn't you just take it back to that dealer you purchased it from to begin with?

I bought it from jack maxton

reason i don't take it back to them is because they are kinda far away from where i live now and my work schedule makes it hard for me to take my truck to them for service.

Roby sucks. They fucked my mom several years ago on her Monte Carlo, treated her like crap, and the service department SUCKED when she needed a few things done.

Fuck them.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by (s)aint Nothing:

Roby sucks. They fucked my mom several years ago on her Monte Carlo, treated her like crap, and the service department SUCKED when she needed a few things done.

Fuck them.

Don't hold it back, say what you really mean about them, LOL.

Ty

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by (s)aint Nothing:

Fuck them.

This man speaks the truth. We bought a suburban like 12 years ago from them. When we bought it, it pulled VERY hard to the right when breaking. They said we will fix it before we give it to ya. 4 months later we take it to our own mechanic and he fixes it, and Roby had to pay the bill. ROBY sucks

Bob is just a service writer

Barb is the Sevice Managerette

and Will is just another service writer.

I havent had a problem with robys yet my mom got an awesome deal on her 05 Vibe (before employee pricing cmae out) i got a helluva deal on my Z28 and all the tiems i have been to the parts department i have had my stuff on time everytime but a while back 5+years they did suck on service. they have greatly impoved

Bob is just a service writer

Barb is the Sevice Managerette

and Will is just another service writer.

I havent had a problem with robys yet my mom got an awesome deal on her 05 Vibe (before employee pricing cmae out) i got a helluva deal on my Z28 and all the tiems i have been to the parts department i have had my stuff on time everytime but a while back 5+years they did suck on service. they have greatly impoved

Glad to see someone had good luck with them.we tried to buy a truck from them last summer and they would not work with us at all so i went to jack maxton and they sold us our truck,as far as their parts dept i agree they have always had everything i need in stock or they have it the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
The service department does have to honor your warranty work but as a dealer they CAN put off your work. Our company policy here at Dan Tobin is if you buy a car and buy it somewhere else locally, but then come back as a service customer, our customers come first. Just food for thought.