Kerry Concedes Victory to Bush

Ziggy1647545504

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elinar Longsight
Mine and the other 17,000 legal votes for president (just in Franklin county) will never be counted. :( So we will never know and I am truly saddened by this whole process and that 250,000 votes will never be looked at. It makes me sick. graemlins/nonono.gif

because there aren't that many provisional ballots out there. By all accounts, Bush's margin of victory was big enough that if ALL the provisional ballots counted and were for Kerry, he still wouldn't win.

Basically, what it comes down to, it didn't matter what legal action, recounts, etc... the Kerry campaign would've done, it wouldn't change the numbers enough to give him the win.

Kudos to Kerry for the class of conceding and sparing us the drama of the 2000 election.

Tina,

For what it's worth,

- the number of provisional ballots is more realistically around 175,000. Bush's lead is 136,000.

- a high percentage of them are expected to be fraudulent (In IL and IN, fewer than 20% of provisional ballots were valid; in OH the expected number is around 50%)

- the provisional ballots are from all over Ohio, not NE Ohio, which is the only way Kerry stands a chance.

- Even if all the provisional ballots were valid, Kerry would need roughly 77% of them in his favor.

You take any one of these, and you see it's not going to happen. Kerry *conceded* - he accepted defeat. He, his attorneys, and the entire democratic party realize they don't stand a chance, and are choosing to accept defeat graciously rather than make asses out of themselves.

New Mexico and Iowa don't even matter now.

Guest Elinar Longsight

I am just upset that we will never know for sure. You can say realistically, but you were not where I was and you didn't talk to the people I did. The number is closer to the one I quoted, I just check. Also, I was told by an Election Offical where I voted at, that the majority of those registrations that disappeared where indeed for one party. Kinda makes you think. I talked to roughly 20 people while waiting to vote(there was only one booth for provisional voting) and out of those people, every single one had valid proof that they registered but their names just didn't appear on the list. Also makes you think.

On that note, I am proud of who I voted for and would do so again in heart beat. You can not tell me that if Bush were in Kerry's place, that he would have conceded without a fight.

Edit: Just saw on the news, 10 Ohio counties have not turned in their provisional votes, so the number will go up. They also stated that in 2000 only 10% of those votes were thrown out, not 50% like you said. Add in all the absentee votes, and you never know.

kerry conceded because there was no chance for him to do anything, not because of any reason, its like the loser of a foot race admits he was beat after the winner already crossed the line, with gore there was uncertainty, there is none as of now

From what I understand the votes will still be counted, and if by some chance they do work out in Kerry's favor he would win, but that is unlikely. I'm happy about how things have worked out. There were things I disliked about both candidates, but the downside of Kerry was IMO worse than the downside of Bush.

graemlins/thumb.gif Bush

MSNBC is reporting a 136,221 lead in Bush's favor in Ohio. They also reported 135,000 provisional ballots were issued.

Originally posted by Elinar Longsight:

I am just upset that we will never know for sure. You can say realistically, but you were not where I was and you didn't talk to the people I did. I was told by an Election Offical where I voted at, that the majority of those registrations that disappeared where indeed for one party.

#1: They will still continue to count the votes. It is just impossible to know right NOW.

#2: I bet that person you talked to was a Democrat.

Tina, here you go.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/OH/P/00/county.000.html

CNN would be a a good source for anyone wanting kerry to win.

Counties yet to fully report: 0

a majority of absentee voting will come from the US military, which even today is overwhelmingly Pro-bush.

17,000 votes in this circumstance don't mean shit.

your guy is te[/b]h lose. give it up, therew is not florida 2000 this year.

P.S. the election won't even be close in 08'. The Republicans are bringing out a big gun to make sure hila-bitch doesn't get into office.

Conservitism always works, and people will have at least 8 years to see it happen.

Originally posted by mesteno:

P.S. the election won't even be close in 08'. The Republicans are bringing out a big gun to make sure hila-bitch doesn't get into office.

Who is this?

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Arnold can't run for president. He's not a natively born citizen.

I don't think that even the Democratic Party wanted Kerry to win. It seems that they are putting their weight behind a Hillary run at the White House for '08.