Totally got fucked ! !

Guest stvbreal

Guest stvbreal

Went to RHI for job placement and the first thing the lady says to me is "you don't look like you fit the profile for this job". It was a Tech Support job, a freind of mine works there and hipped me to it. I have 5 years Tech Support experience with 10 years PC Tech experience. First of all this bitch has never met me, never looked at my resume or my test scores from RHI. Who the fuck does she think she is? She also says "just becuase you know someone there doesn't mean that you are going to get the job, you aren't a shoe-in." About this time I was about to choke a bitch but I needed this job so I bit my lip and went with it. Then she proceeded to say "you seem too confident that you are going to get this job." Uh, confidence does help. Sure beats being nervous and iffy.

Anyways, I go to the interview today and knocked it out ! ! It was perfect. I left at 10:30am and here it is 3:30pm and she hasn't called me back. I called her and, you guessed, I didn't get the job. Thanks for the call back stupid bitch ! ! She then says "the reason you didn't get it was that the person inteviewing you thought you were real nervous and the job is put on hold." Huh?!?!? Not a damn chance. The day before she said I was to confident now I'm nervous? Plus, what kind of excuse is that? I'm about to freek on this wench but I cool out. Then she says "I talked to them for a long time but we only talked about you for a little bit." WTF!?!?!?! She actually said this to me on the phone. She is supposed to be selling me to the company not talking about shoe sales and such. She was so quick to get off the phone, she says to me "good luck on the job hunting and let us know how things turn out." WAIT! ! ! Isn't that her job? I told her "shouldn't you be looking for me, isn't that what you guys do?" She replied "well, we'll keep our eyes and ears open if anything pops up we'll call you." Gee thanks.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, not sure what good that will do but what the hell.

I understand completely what your going though on that one. I'll call myself an expert in looking for IT jobs. Since I looked for about 2 years after moving up here. I did find a great place. TekSystems up on 23 about a mile north of 270 on the northend. They are also part of Maxim group, Aerotek, and On Site. They tried real hard and I got probably 10 contract jobs through them. I tried others and they wouldn't even give me a chance. Brian at teksystems had me doing everything from IT to CAD work to installing lighting and sound systems in the Polaris mall. He sold my ass to his customers like there supposed to.

If your into fixing copiers email me. I hear my company still has an opening. We had some guys, but one backed out.

Evan

RHI sucks.. so does Teksystems. I've worked for both in the past. RHI especially.

When I was working full time at the Borden Building downtown about 5 years ago we had a few contractors. One of them I became good frieds with. He was telling me how much they were dicking him over on pay and just about everything else.

The shitty part about consulting (at least MY point of view) is that they get you in.. great. They got their money. When the contract is up.. they NEVER call you back. I mean never. Hell, I just got a call last week about a job from Quick Solutions.. I never even had a job with them. I had an invterview that didn't go too well, but hell, that was about 4 years ago. He calls me up out of the blue asking "how I am" and "are you looking?". No jackass.. I'm doing fine right now. They must be getting desperate or something and looking for people I guess (digging out the OLD ass archives?).

Oh well.

I'll never consult again. I can't stand it.

/rant smile.gif .

Guest stvbreal

Got your PM. Thanks Anthony. It may be over my head but I'll give it a shot. Never did lead a team before.

I also applied for a tech job with IBM. Let's see what happens.

+1 on the consultant sucking thing. Did it for around 2 years and it blew dog. I'd work 6 - 8 months on a project while I was hired on full time with the consultant company. If you want to call it that. :rolleyes: When the contract was up, with one company, I was let go right away, touting that they couldn't find anything for me. I was out of work nearly 4 months then. :mad: This was literally one week before September 11, 2001. I found work again in Dayton for 10 months. When that was up, they put me on the bench for a month, which was nice. But they still couldn't find shit for me. I quickly found a job back in Columbus at Nationwide (as a consultant, of course), but left a month into that because my current job panned out, which is full time with a company, no consulting. Been there around 19 months and I don't plan on going anywhere. Doing some cutting edge stuff in .Net, etc.. smile.gif

Consulting was good back before 2000. I got into it in early 2001 and that was a bad idea. Most of those companys only care about making money, not about their "employees". The only way I'll ever consult again is if the market gets hot and I go independent (with my wife covering benefits) and make some serious dough. Right now I part time consult (at a pretty good rate) doing PHP/MySQL work. Considering I do that in my spare time at home, that's pretty sweet... graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest stvbreal

Check this out. I forgot I typed this while waiting for this lady to show up today, had my small laptop with me:

"This morning I got to here at about 8:55, quite a bit early but better early than late. I’m now sitting here waiting for her to get here. She really rode my ass yesterday for no apparent reason. I am determined to get to the bottom of this. My goal is to contact her supervisor and also the BBB and tell my story. These recruiters are supposed to help you get a job not deter you from going. This woman actually told me that I better have something to fall back on if I don’t get this job. Actually she said that I don’t even have a chance and should consider the other offers. Honestly, I think this is very unprofessional and she does not need to be working as a recruiter. Either that or she needs to brush up on her commmunication skills a bit. I mean, this lady told me that I didn’t fit the job and she just met me. Hell, it was only 10 seconds and she started in on me. I thought these people were supposed to make you feel comfortable and assure you that all is well and you, me, will do a great job and to keep my head up. She did the complete opposite. And I tell you what, if she comes in her doing the same thing I will tell her that I need a new representative. I am entitled to it. If she cannot perform her duties in a polite and courteous manner then she does not need to be in the position she is in. The first thing I thought of when she started her rant towards me was that she needed to work for the DMV. Well, if all goes well I will get this job, get her dismissed and life will be good."

Oh well.

Guest Tony_K
If the very first thing out of her mouth really was "you don't LOOK like you fit the profile for this job," and you know for sure that she had not seen your qualifications yet (or your qualifications are indeed ideal for the position), then you could have some real fun with the company... (I am assuming you have an appropriately professional appearance)

Originally posted by Tony_K:

If the very first thing out of her mouth really was "you don't LOOK like you fit the profile for this job," and you know for sure that she had not seen your qualifications yet (or your qualifications are indeed ideal for the position), then you could have some real fun with the company... (I am assuming you have an appropriately professional appearance)

Discrimination.

You should have carried a tape recorder to CYA smile.gif .

Guest stvbreal

Very funny Rally. smile.gif

Well, I got a call this morning from the regional manager at RHI and she was just as rude and bitchy as the salesperson. Turns out that she was lying to me. The reason I didn't get the job was that I was over quailified, to an extent. They felt that I would fit more into a programmers/web developers position. Not what she told me when I had to call her. The RM at RHI said that the person who slandered me would get repremanded for treating me that way. Now if it really happens I will have no clue.

Not to be a shovanist(spl)pig but I will never have a woman find a job for me and I will never work for another woman again. There is a reason why there will never be a woman President. I understand now.

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

Went to RHI for job placement and the first thing the lady says to me is "you don't look like you fit the profile for this job". It was a Tech Support job, a freind of mine works there and hipped me to it. I have 5 years Tech Support experience with 10 years PC Tech experience. First of all this bitch has never met me, never looked at my resume or my test scores from RHI. Who the fuck does she think she is? She also says "just becuase you know someone there doesn't mean that you are going to get the job, you aren't a shoe-in." About this time I was about to choke a bitch but I needed this job so I bit my lip and went with it. Then she proceeded to say "you seem too confident that you are going to get this job." Uh, confidence does help. Sure beats being nervous and iffy.

Anyways, I go to the interview today and knocked it out ! ! It was perfect. I left at 10:30am and here it is 3:30pm and she hasn't called me back. I called her and, you guessed, I didn't get the job. Thanks for the call back stupid bitch ! ! She then says "the reason you didn't get it was that the person inteviewing you thought you were real nervous and the job is put on hold." Huh?!?!? Not a damn chance. The day before she said I was to confident now I'm nervous? Plus, what kind of excuse is that? I'm about to freek on this wench but I cool out. Then she says "I talked to them for a long time but we only talked about you for a little bit." WTF!?!?!?! She actually said this to me on the phone. She is supposed to be selling me to the company not talking about shoe sales and such. She was so quick to get off the phone, she says to me "good luck on the job hunting and let us know how things turn out." WAIT! ! ! Isn't that her job? I told her "shouldn't you be looking for me, isn't that what you guys do?" She replied "well, we'll keep our eyes and ears open if anything pops up we'll call you." Gee thanks.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, not sure what good that will do but what the hell.

Man, I so know how you feel. I cannot get my foot in anywhere in the field up here. Hell, I have had two different PC Tech business in TX and people seem to think that I am way to young to be doing any of the stuff that I am doing. I am even going to ITT right now to get more degrees and certs..I swear..These people that are doing the interview really don't care and they don't seem to understand that they are ruining other's lives because of their one sided decisions..

I know how it is looking for a job and being considered "too young". I was jobless for about 6 months and then went through 3 jobs in the first 4 months of this year each progressivly better than the last. I had to lie about my skills at the first couple of jobs because I knew I wouldn't get the position if I gave them my real resume because I would be "over qualified". It sucks but eventually everything pans out if you apply at enough places. smile.gif I know because I think I applied for every job I could find no matter what it was.

I had the overqualified problem too. Actually the Job I'm at now thought I was way over qualified, but there out of Mansfield and understand when I guy says he wants a job in field service and doesn't expect to be overpaid and just wants to settle in and worry about things other than a career. They hired me. I'm glad they did and they keep saying there glad they did so I guess its all good. I'm 25 now and plan to be there until I'm pretty damn old.

Evan