New Albany people.... internet/cable question

black00ws6

Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

hey a litttle off topic you need any help moving? If so let me know.

Na, thanks for the offer though. We are moving all the small stuff and having movers get the big crap on Wed. We don't have that much to move though since her mom is moving into the condo and we pretty much bought all new for the house.

Originally posted by The_Wang_Of_Fury:

It is Insight cable. I think they pretty much buy their cable service off of Time Warner then sell it back to the customer

Though it is probably Insight, the buying off of TW is untrue.

Actually, Insight could only wish they bought off of TW or WOW. Insight blows monkey nuts...seriously. They just suck.

I could probably stop by some time to take a look around and see what your options are. I mean, if there was a cable ped 5 houses down, you could "technically" get cable.

You aren't on a county border line are you??

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Actually, Insight could only wish they bought off of TW or WOW. Insight blows monkey nuts...seriously. They just suck.

I could probably stop by some time to take a look around and see what your options are. I mean, if there was a cable ped 5 houses down, you could "technically" get cable.

Insight offers all the same channels that Time Warner does. I have never had a problem with them, although it could be due to the fact that I get their digital cable package for free. Yes... Legally

Joe,

No, we are right at north hamilton road in the woods MI division. We're in the back area and I saw the WOW truck in one of the last houses in the front area (the preserve)

You can get WOW in NA, you just have to call and talk to the right people. Insight in NA does blow balls, I have never seen any high speed net service have so many problems. I called WOW a few times before I could actually get it. They don't always seem to have their story straight, but they sure do offer a much better service than Insight.

Originally posted by Homey D. Clown:

Joe,

No, we are right at north hamilton road in the woods MI division. We're in the back area and I saw the WOW truck in one of the last houses in the front area (the preserve)

John, just call back in to cust support, and if they still say they don't offer it, request a site survey. Just tell them that your neighbors have it, and you believe their records are incorrect.

All a site survey does is has one of us come out, see if service is available, then we can set up an appointment to do the install. Sometimes cust service will just setup the install, with the info that we might not be able to install in your area.

Originally posted by cinergi:

You can get WOW in NA, you just have to call and talk to the right people. Insight in NA does blow balls, I have never seen any high speed net service have so many problems. I called WOW a few times before I could actually get it. They don't always seem to have their story straight, but they sure do offer a much better service than Insight.

I have never had a problem with my Insight Road Runner

I have never had a problem with my Insight Road Runner

Just because you haven't, doesn't mean a large number of others haven't. I hear time and again former customers of Insight compalin about of the problems they had with them.

For me, before I had WOW, I had Insight. I switch to WOW because of the constant outtages of either cable or internet (sometimes both), vastly varying speeds (even though I wasn't dropping connection), the higher cost, etc. I switched to WOW and all of that went away. I hated Insight with a passion....I was so happy to get rid of them!

You could say wiring, but both WOW and Insight has to run new drops, and WOW reused all of my inside wiring. Months later I started working for WOW, and of course I've rewired my home and then some, but I never had a problem prior to that.

Hell, I'm not done bashing. Have you played with their new DVR box. It is a f'ing joke. 99 T/A on here only has Insight available to him (and another unhappy Insight customer). I played with his DVR, and that thing sucks a butt nugget. Only a single tuner built in. You have to hit mulitple buttons just to get to the recordings list.....then half the screen is filled up with freaking ADVERTISEMENTS. It's not bad enough all the money you have to pay for the service, then get bombarded by ads as well!!! That box plain sucks, very gimicky. Both TW and WOW use Scientific Atlanta DVR's, which are THE standard in cable DVR's.

John, just call back in to cust support, and if they still say they don't offer it, request a site survey. Just tell them that your neighbors have it, and you believe their records are incorrect.

All a site survey does is has one of us come out, see if service is available, then we can set up an appointment to do the install. Sometimes cust service will just setup the install, with the info that we might not be able to install in your area.

Will do.. Thanks. Josh works with our new neighbor and he was going to see what service they have as well.

Just because you haven't, doesn't mean a large number of others haven't. I hear time and again former customers of Insight compalin about of the problems they had with them.

For me, before I had WOW, I had Insight. I switch to WOW because of the constant outtages of either cable or internet (sometimes both), vastly varying speeds (even though I wasn't dropping connection), the higher cost, etc. I switched to WOW and all of that went away. I hated Insight with a passion....I was so happy to get rid of them!

You could say wiring, but both WOW and Insight has to run new drops, and WOW reused all of my inside wiring. Months later I started working for WOW, and of course I've rewired my home and then some, but I never had a problem prior to that.

Hell, I'm not done bashing. Have you played with their new DVR box. It is a f'ing joke. 99 T/A on here only has Insight available to him (and another unhappy Insight customer). I played with his DVR, and that thing sucks a butt nugget. Only a single tuner built in. You have to hit mulitple buttons just to get to the recordings list.....then half the screen is filled up with freaking ADVERTISEMENTS. It's not bad enough all the money you have to pay for the service, then get bombarded by ads as well!!! That box plain sucks, very gimicky. Both TW and WOW use Scientific Atlanta DVR's, which are THE standard in cable DVR's.

My parent's have had Insight for 20 years, back when it was Coaxial even, and out apartments use Insight. My parent's have been happy with it, and we never hear any complaints from our 140 tenants

My parent's have had Insight for 20 years, back when it was Coaxial even, and out apartments use Insight. My parent's have been happy with it, and we never hear any complaints from our 140 tenants

You really are a combative son of a bitch arent you? ;)tongue.gif

-Marc

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

You really are a combative son of a bitch arent you? ;)tongue.gif

-Marc

No, I am just giving my opinion here. I know countless people who are very happy with Insight. The only outages I have expierienced with Insight are lines going down.

out apartments use Insight. My parent's have been happy with it, and we never hear any complaints from our 140 tenants

Explains the free cable, and you kissing their ass. :rolleyes: To get exclusive rights to an apartment complex, not only do owners get free cable, they get a kickback from the cable companies as well.

Why WOULD your parents hear about problems with another company? The tenants are paying Insight, not your parents.

Explains the free cable, and you kissing their ass. :rolleyes: To get exclusive rights to an apartment complex, not only do owners get free cable, they get a kickback from the cable companies as well.

Why WOULD your parents hear about problems with another company? The tenants are paying Insight, not your parents.

I am not kissing their ass. I like their service, and we get no other perks besides 3 digital gateways. Shit, I even pay for my Road Runner.

You say my parent's, I think you mean my father and I. The tenants complain about everything, why would they not complain to us about the cable service our complex offers? We do a survey 2 times a year, because we have thought about switching to WOW over Insight, but everyone seems to be happy with Insight.