This weather fucking SUCKS!!!! (pics)

Buck531

Ok.. so I wake up this morning with no power. Went off sometime around 5ish I'm guessing. Wife wakes me up and says there's a HUGE branch next door tha tknocked out her power line and is lying on her house. Thus, taking out the transformer behind us.

This is where it gets shitty.

We pack up the kids around 9ish as the temp is dropping pretty good. We head over to here (parents house in Westerville.. with power).

I go back around noonish and see this nice sight of an enormous tree branch lying on my wifes Buick. Nice. So upon further inspection, it hit the right rear of the pillar on the passenger side. Next to the window.. completely shattered the window and it's now lying in about a million pieces in the back seat and rear speakers of my wife's car. It's my neighbors tree and it also destroyed my fence I had there. Her home owners WILL Be taking car of this. We both took pictures and she said she'd call her insurance company.. blah blah.

The door was frozen so I had to go in from the right rear door (thankfully I was able to open it). Then start it up. Move it into the garage. sweep all the glass and most of the snow that was there.

Power STILL isn't on, and probably wont be until sometime in the next few days. Pretty much MOSt of gahanna is out. Mainly Royal Manor. I went back around 8:00 and now the temp in the house is 52*. Great. I turned a few of the water faucets on drip so the lines don't freeze.

This fucking blows. I know there are others out there who have no power and sometimes no place to go. My brother lives in Grove Port and his is out too.

Right now, my parents in Westerville are the only family members around with power. We have.. me, my wife, brother, his wife, FOUR kids and my parents. Thankfully they have a decent sized house that we can all fit in smile.gif .

The only thing I"m worried about is going back home to find a broken water pipe in my basement. Since I turned on water a little, I'm hoping it'll keep it moving so it won't freeze.

Oh well.. I'm posting this from my parents computer just to rant. At least I have a warm place to stay and a roof over my head.

redface.gif:mad:

[ 26. December 2004, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Buck531 ]

Guest monkey4sale321
Yeah man, that sounds horrible. I have power but i have a couple of friends staying over for christmas since we are staying in a cabin. Be greatful for what you have, Happy holidays and I hope things get better for you. You might wanna go back and check on that faucett and hope nothing happens. smile.gif

I would'nt care if it weren't sub freezing temps. I mean. I really don't give two shits about the ginneu pigs that will most likely freeze in the next day or so. I'm more worried about my water pipes and they don't freeze.

AEP says NE and SE columbus won't get power until Sunday.. PM! FUCK. :mad: