My new whip

mrblunt

I finally made the plunge and bought a bf tv, 50" Hitachi Ultravision, rear projection lcd HDTV. This is the beauty... http://www.hitachi.ca/_Uploads/Products/288_50V500.jpg

I just had High-def DVR installed and I can't get enough of watching tv. I find myself watching the dumbest shows but b/c they are in HD i don't want to stop. I have a family member who needed some money to pay off something so I picked it up for 500 bucks, the kicker is i sold my old 36" HDTV for 350 so i only have the difference wrapped up in it.

The reason for my post is not to gloat(although it is beautiful :cool: ), i'm hoping someone else on here owns this tv. My daughter DESTROYED the remote w/ daddy's hammer that i forgot to put out of her reach for 4 minutes. Good thing it wasn't my tv, we would have knuckled up. I have a pretty nice touch screen Sony commander remote that will learn the functions by putting the remotes face to face. So hopefully someone will let me come over and program my remote w/ yours smile.gif Can anyone hook me up?

You get 4 & 10 through TW, gay ass sinclair won't let 6 come through cable on hd. If you have an hd tuner you'll get it though. TW also has 2 IN-Hd channels(which are bad ass b/c they have sporting events like UFC and K-1 in hd and lots of Imax films),Hbo HD, Showtime HD, Espn HD, TNT Hd, UPN hd, Tbs HD and Discovery HD. I'm very happy w/ the service so far. The other day watching the Pat's game in hd was just amazing. W/ that skycam pov in hd it was just kick ass. Now college basketball season is starting and i can't friggen wait till this friday to see the UNC game in hd. Hopefully they have lots of UK games in hd, go cats.

I get 6 or 7 channels in HD via directv, I get 4,6,10, 28, 34 over the air via my antenna (same signal quality).

the great thing about over the air HD is multi channel signal so you can watch several shows on the same channel.

the HD package is $12 per month extra.

Whenever I am watchign something like football games or anything on regular channels with our HDTV big screen and the "HDTV" box is connected to the T.V. it actually makes the picture more blurry then just plugging it straight up.