New Car: Poll

Guest Crankshaft

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Varioram:

What the hell are you on? The Enzo is not even close. The Mclaren would whoop the Enzo...Not to meantion the 1000hp Bugati EB4 Veyron. and if thats not enough, the Porsche Carrera GT was 1.23 seconds faster around the NRing. Ferrari makes fast cars I'll give them that but they are not the fastest. Just a quick flashy car with badge and high price tag that seldom weighs under 3500lbs. graemlins/nonono.gif

<font color ="midnightblue">

The Enzo is faster than the McLaren by .2 to .1 seconds 0-60; Enzo = 3.3/3.2, McLaren = 3.4

Ferrari Enzon Ferrari

"We can only hope these people will appreciate the Enzo's Pininfarina-styled exterior, its carbon-fiber monocoque chassis, its 15.0-inch Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes, and its all-aluminum, 650-horsepower, 6.0-liter 48-valve V-12. We also hope Enzo owners will have the driving skill to deal with the car's ferocious power and unbelievable handling. If so, they will be rewarded with breathtaking performance: The Enzo can reach 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, the quarter-mile in 11.2 seconds, and hit a top speed of 209 mph."

"The Enzo’s major straight-line numbers—0 to 60 mph in a flabbergasting 3.3 seconds, a quarter-mile of 11.2 at 136 mph—aren’t as ironclad as we’d like. The acceleration runs on Fiorano’s straightaway were slightly downhill and too short to get a true quarter-mile, so our 1320-foot time is a mathematical plot from the last solid data point at 120 mph and 954 feet."

McLaren F1

"The McLaren F1 is probably the most exotic of the exotics, and definitely one of the best looking. Contrary to popular belief, it does not have the top speed of the street legal production cars, sinc the Vector Avtech takes that honor at 249 MPH. However, with an incredible 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, it's definitely one of the fastest off the line."

0 - 1/4 mile 11.6 seconds

0-60 3.5 seconds

Here

Or here

ooorrrr here

Point being, the F1 was a revolutionary car, and one of the fastest ever made; the fastest for a number of years. But the Enzo was built with that in mind, and designed to steal the title. They're both great cars, and are already legends in their own time.

To debate this, however, isn't the intention of the thread.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by QuikSilver:

Why not a VW R32?

You get the AWD and decent HP out of a N/A 6-cylinder. Drop 3k for a S/C or a lot more for twin turbo. Also, where the R32 lacks in HP compared to the STI or Evo, it makes up for with fit and finish and interior quality.

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by 94whitegsr:

+1... or just save some of that money to mod the 08 cobra the day you get it :D:D:D:D

Agreeing with people who make stupid, ignorant, statements in turn makes you look stupid and ignorant.

Originally posted by The Silent God:

<font color ="midnightblue"> However much I'd love to have this car, , there is no way that thing is coming off the auction block at less than 35-40k. And I would really prefer to keep this a bit below 35- that's just my absolute cap. If you can find a Z06 for a solid 26-30k, hit me up, cause that's probably what I'd end up getting. And though I agree they out-perform the Mustang significantly, in all reality, they're just too expensive.

You haven't looked hard then....it's very easy to find Z06's for under 35k less than 100 miles from here:

And that was just a very quick and dirty search. smile.gif

Guest jpurdy2003
From my experiences in college, I will tell you that buying a two-seater will be a decision you regret. I vote STi or EVO. Honestly, the EVO matches the straight-line performance of an STi with under $2000 in mods, and handles better than anything else I've driven, including the STi. Also, some of the 0-60 stats you've cited may not be as big of a deal as you think. You probably won't feel that much of a difference between a car that goes 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, and one that does it in 5.4.

Originally posted by 99BlownYellowGT:

Actually a supercharged Mach 1 will run you more than a Cobra. It costs a 5-6000 to supercharge a mustang. Its not just throwing a supercharger on it and calling it a day. Youve got upgrading fuel system tuning etc.

not to mention the cobra has forged internals vs. the mach's powdered metal rods and hyper-suck-ass pistons :(

Originally posted by The Anti-Role Model:

From my experiences in college, I will tell you that buying a two-seater will be a decision you regret.

I 100% disagree. I drove a 2 seater all through HS, and part of college. From there, I went to a Camaro then my Firebird for daily driving for the rest of college, which aren't exactly rear-seat friendly, and ended up removing the rear seats from the Firebird.

Seriously, how often do you really use the rear seats?? I drive a 4 door Jimmy for a daily now, simply because I need something to tow my boat. But it ends up becoming the party vehicle, the thing everyone else rides in when we go out (oddly enough, I am normally not the one driving it :D ). Other than a party vehicle, the rear seats are just wasted space.

I would be more than happy to have a 2 seater daily driver again. Unless you have a family to haul around, there isn't a lot of use for it. My roomate drives 180 miles a day for work/school......in a 2-seater CRX. Anthony now drives a MR2 as a daily driver as well.

Whenever money allows me to swing it (probably not with my current employment :rolleyes: ), I want to buy an early C5 coupe as a non-snow daily driver.

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> I agree. I drove 2 seaters all through high school, never once regretted it (especially the time I had to drive four girls home and we had to sit on laps and shift between legs). I don't usually transport alot of people, and all of the people I hang out with now have cars themselves, so it's really not a necessity. Which is good, cause I don't want a 4-door.

@Joel- To someone who's not a mechanic, what does that mean? The engine is just sturdier? Because I'm really getting pumped about a Mach 1 (which is what I think I'm getting).

@Nitrous- Did some more research, and Corvette's are off the list; insurance is just too high. Thanks for the leads, though. I know you're a GM maniac, but a Mach 1 is easier on the wallet, even if it isn't as performance geared as a Z06.

And STi's and EVO's just aren't 'muscley' enough; besides that, everyone around here has one. I don't even notice them anymore, whereas, surprisingly enough, I never see any mustangs, and certainly not Mach 1's.

It's not final yet, but that's what I'm gearing up for. So hopefully within the next few weeks I will be able to decide based on finances, and then I'll let you all know what happens. Keep up the opinions, though. Aside from the launch and 1/4 times, I'm interested in hearing about the pros/cons to an M1 vs. an 03' Cobra; these are my primary contestants. Or even an 05 GT vs. an M1

http://randomscreations.freewebspace.com/images/420820_8_full.jpg

Originally posted by QuikSilver:

Why not a VW R32?

You get the AWD and decent HP out of a N/A 6-cylinder. Drop 3k for a S/C or a lot more for twin turbo. Also, where the R32 lacks in HP compared to the STI or Evo, it makes up for with fit and finish and interior quality.

Just my opinion.

the new VW R32 comes turbo charged from the factory.TT

Garrett i read that the newest mustang GT is getting great review's. you might want to at least wait to test drive one before you decide.

base price for the 05 mustang 300hp GT = 25,000

goodluck.

[ 09. October 2004, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: harry's94tsi ]

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

If I'm not mistaken, that's still more than what a 03/04 Mach 1 costs new, and the Mach 1 will still put out the better numbers. Also, I should mention, for 25K, you can get a slightly used (10K miles or less) 03/04 Cobra, even those w/ minor modifications.

Also, my guess is that Ford and/or the local dealerships will push for a mark-up on the 05 Mustang GTs for "lack of availability" or some bullshit like that.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Venomss:

If I'm not mistaken, that's still more than what a 03/04 Mach 1 costs new, and the Mach 1 will still put out the better numbers. Also, I should mention, for 25K, you can get a slightly used (10K miles or less) 03/04 Cobra, even those w/ minor modifications.

Also, my guess is that Ford and/or the local dealerships will push for a mark-up on the 05 Mustang GTs for "lack of availability" or some bullshit like that.

<font color ="midnightblue"> yeah, I'm wondering about the markup, because you know dealers are going to be gunning up the price because of the increased interest and demand like crazy. Also, I really don't like the way the new mustang looks. Compared to the 99-04 model, it seems very plain.

And actually, the Mach 1's run about $29,000; because they are limited production, I'm not sure how great the depreciation value will be. Hopefully they'll drop down to around 25k, but as none of the dealerships near me have one, I'd have to order one in, and that might jack up the price.

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

the new VW R32 comes turbo charged from the factory.TT

Garrett i read that the newest mustang GT is getting great review's. you might want to at least wait to test drive one before you decide.

goodluck.

VW doesn't say anything about it being turbocharged,just says it's a 4valve VR6.it would be mean with a turbo though.hell it would be sufficient w/out one.especially for a college car. if it were me ,i'de want something that was moderatly fast ,yet safe to park overnight outside w/out worrying about it.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

VW doesn't say anything about it being turbocharged,just says it's a 4valve VR6.it would be mean with a turbo though.hell it would be sufficient w/out one.especially for a college car. if it were me ,i'de want something that was moderatly fast ,yet safe to park overnight outside w/out worrying about it.

Yeah, it's not turbocharged stock. Yes, it would definitely be sufficient and AWD for winter and plenty of room to carry crap. That might not be his preference, but I'd definitely look into it if it were me. Hell, there was a moderately modified one beating me in the S4 around Gingerman when we went. People need to shut their hole when they have no clue what they are talking about. Plus I'm trying to figure out why anyone would twin turbo a VR6. That's the dumbest thing I think I’ve ever heard. graemlins/nutkick.gif

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

your right, for some reason i was thinking of this car. which is a BIT out of his price range. My mistake.

mach 1's are nice but which would the dealer charge more for... a brand new 05 GT citing some sort of "limited availability" BS or a Limited Edition Mach 1 that they don't manufacture anymore? That is, if you intend of buying it from a dealer which may not be possible in the near future.