Tax question..

Buck531

I already had my taxes prepared. I'd like to punch in some numbers and file it electronically. From what I've been looking at, there's no option for that. Most places want you to re-do your entire taxes?

Has anyone done this yet? If I don't snail mail it, it'll knock about a week off of getting the return back.

Originally posted by Regulate:

www.turbotax.com

You can punch in all sorts of numbers and it will always give you the refund/owed amount before they make you pay to file.

I've already done the taxes.. they're complete. All I need to do is mail it in. I'd rather do it online.. (faster). I know the State had a site to file it electronially. I'm NOT paying for anything as I already paid to have my taxes prepared. I already know how much I'm getting back.. etc.

Guest GSRchick714

If you paid to get it done, why didn't they file it electronically? I'm not sure if it would have an option to just file electronically..(I believe there was a spot for saved information from your computer or something to save time)..but anyways, this is what I used to do my taxes last night:

Go to irs.gov and then go to "free file". Then click "start now" and then use the TurboTax link. (You WILL have to leave the IRS site). Then just start.

Yeah TurboTax is free to efile with if you use the link from the IRS site, you don't pay anything at all unless you have them file your state also.. wouldn't hurt to run through it too see if it is worth paying someone to prepare them next year.

Guest GSRchick714
I just don't understand if you paid this guy to do your taxes, why didnt he file them for you? I understand he DID them, but then you have to file them yourself even though you paid him.... :confused:

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

I just don't understand if you paid this guy to do your taxes, why didnt he file them for you? I understand he DID them, but then you have to file them yourself even though you paid him.... :confused:

Because it's pretty expensive to update the software to do it electronically. Thus, will be charging me more to get the taxes done. Yes, the larger companies can update software with no problem. They'll just charge more to do the preparation.