heads up on craftsman warranty

Berto

this might seem stupid but i was under the impression that ANYTHING craftsman was under a lifetime warranty, which made it worth paying the extra cheddar just like an insurance.

i have a nice multimeter witha thermocouple about 60$ new. the battery case broke on it(obviously going to try to fix it now) but i tried running to sears and just getting a new one.

the warranty only goes for HAND TOOLS.

just an FYI so you guys don't feel like you got ass raped.

Originally posted by copperhead:

I know that the ratcheting action on a craftsman torque wrench (not sure of the proper name) is definately not warrentied, I found that out the hard way. I'm not sure about normal socket wrenches.

Yes, normal wrenches are covered. I've broken a few of them ;)

Guest LexIS300
I've never had any problems with anything power, so I've never had to test a warranty problem. Didn't think there would be one though. I've returned plenty of broke sockets though!

My wife got me a craftsman laser level last year for xmas. This past xmas, I asked her to get me a tripod for it, which she did. When I got the laser level out to test it on the tripod, I noticed that one of the level indicators was missing it's fluid. The booklet for the laser level said that it has a 1 year warranty. About a week after this past xmas, I took the laser level to the store and told them what happened. To my surprise, they exchanged it without any problems.

It's funny, I bought a Craftsman Pro nut driver for my drill. The POS stripped out after a week. I take it back, and they won't cover it, as they consider it a "power tool."

Now, if I had purchased the drill adapter that allows 1/4 sockets to fit, and used a socket, they would have covered that under warranty. Go figure.