Sin City > Movies in 2005

Guest DagoRcR

Good to hear. I've been looking forward to this movie since I saw the first comerical. graemlins/thumb.gif

I will be going and seeing it sometime this weekend when it won't be too busy or next week though, just don't like going and seeing movies on opening night.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Jessica Alba is a future ex-Mrs. Tilley.

I'll fight you for here, now. She is the hotness and will look awsome on my arm. I just gotta run that past the current wifey, i'm sure she'll understand after she sees what a hot piece Alba is. That girl can really move her body, i'm dying to see that scene.

britney murphey, jessica albe, and my love rosario dawson thank you very much

and btw this movie is great, definitely worth seeing crappy movies for a few months, and it was definitely worth seeing the star wars trailer too, cant wait for that

i thought it was good, but i didn't care for the way it was spliced into like 3 mini stories, just my style really, i guess it was just conveying what goes on in(basin)SIN CITY, and not ment to follow a single storyline, i just think it would have been a little better if the 3 stories were a little more connected i guess and have a specific reason and ending maybe!

oh well, good movie none-the-less!

I didn't like it. I found it boring, choppy, and way over the top when it comes to the beating guys could take. I know it was based off a graphic novel, comic book, whatever, and that characters can typically take more bullets, beatings, etc...

But I just thought some of that stuff was way over the top.

I seem to be in the minority though, oh well.

I can definitely see where you guys don't like the movie. Characters like Yellow Bastard and even Marv are nearly impossible to either understand or identify with. I have never read the comics, but I really see how the cinematography stayed true to the comics, which pretty much acted as the storyboards for the film. Scenes like the very last shot of Bruce Willis in profile with black and vibrant white, or at "The Farm" with Elijah Wood really portray the comic book idea.

BTW to respond to my own post, Tarantino directed the scene in the car with Clive Owen and Benicio del Toro on the way to the tar pits. It was a weird scene and kinda extravagant, but once again, I love the comic book loyalty.

i just saw it because of the good review you guys gave it. this movie blows ass. you all owe me 6 dollars.

i'm going to go as far as saying top 10 worse movies ever, in the same category is house of 1000 corpses and that stupid civil war movie gods were generals or some shit.

"i wish i had more hands, so i could give that movie 4 thumbs down."

Originally posted by Tenzig:

dude....no way. There are obviously ALOT of movies you haven't seen. tongue.gif

deathrace 2000, seek it out

no the worse movie has to be that move rollerball i think thats the name. the one with LL cool J and Rebecca Stamos......That was the most boring movie i have ever seen.

No, they made a movie about people who are sexually aroused by cars and car crashes. I forget, or have repressed, the name of that movie - but that is the worst movie ever. It starred the sister of Patricia Arquette and some guy that wants to be Michael Madsen. Again, I'm having problems remembering some of the details of the movie, and I don't it's altogether unintentional.